Orange County EMS

wtferick

Forum Captain
Hey guys.
Rumor has it that CARE won DOCTORS contracts and EMERGENCY won the city of irvine and some other city.
You guys think SHORELINE will lose the westminster aswell?

Any thoughts or facts some want to share?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey guys.
Rumor has it that CARE won DOCTORS contracts and EMERGENCY won the city of irvine and some other city.
You guys think SHORELINE will lose the westminster aswell?

Any thoughts or facts some want to share?
Wouldn't surprise me. I do know their is some litigation going on between Care and McCormick involving contracts that were won. Plain and simple Care aka Faulk is a European funded monster. I'm shocked they are not saying no and slapping hands like they did to AMR when they had mass zones. Gotta love $ and politics.

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
Wouldn't surprise me. I do know their is some litigation going on between Care and McCormick involving contracts that were won. Plain and simple Care aka Faulk is a European funded monster. I'm shocked they are not saying no and slapping hands like they did to AMR when they had mass zones. Gotta love $ and politics.
I just hope to see emergency ambulance grow honestly.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I just hope to see emergency ambulance grow honestly.
Well I'm sure you will, it seems they have something going on with Care kind of a scratch our back will scratch yours. In the last meeting when McCormick stood up against care it took everyones breath away but the only one besides care that got a zone was emergency. This was when you had Doctors (Amr),Pacific Ambulance (rural metro), Shoreline (Ambuserve) all in bidding and at the meeting and the one to automatically get voted was emergency and care. The only one to throw a fit was McCormick. Some of the management from Amr and RM I beleive are trying to let care do what amr did and that was get so big that the bubble burst. But care does have what amr and rm do not have. Competent management and willing to spend money.

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
Well I'm sure you will, it seems they have something going on with Care kind of a scratch our back will scratch yours. In the last meeting when McCormick stood up against care it took everyones breath away but the only one besides care that got a zone was emergency. This was when you had Doctors (Amr),Pacific Ambulance (rural metro), Shoreline (Ambuserve) all in bidding and at the meeting and the one to automatically get voted was emergency and care. The only one to throw a fit was McCormick. Some of the management from Amr and RM I beleive are trying to let care do what amr did and that was get so big that the bubble burst. But care does have what amr and rm do not have. Competent management and willing to spend money.
Very great info. Do you happen to know which zone emergency actually got/bidded?

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
From what I read on the county website, Care won everything except the North County area where Emergency currently operates.

Heard through the grapevine that Shoreline's contract with Westminster is up in June and they won't be renewing.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
From what I read on the county website, Care won everything except the North County area where Emergency currently operates.

Heard through the grapevine that Shoreline's contract with Westminster is up in June and they won't be renewing.
Right and I heard theres a few interest in it but we all know who will get.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Pacific/RM has been trying to get that contract since 08. It'll never happen.

I'm sure the Litany of other companies will bid for it, but aside from some crazy left field awarding, like Liberty, Care will get it.

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
Pacific/RM has been trying to get that contract since 08. It'll never happen.

I'm sure the Litany of other companies will bid for it, but aside from some crazy left field awarding, like Liberty, Care will get it.
I heard from an employee that care doesnt really want to have 3 inhouse fire and one covering the city constantly, in a way making it 4. From what i heard they originally wanted to have GGA1 cover from garden grove to the edges of westminster.
So i dont really know lol

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I heard from an employee that care doesnt really want to have 3 inhouse fire and one covering the city constantly, in a way making it 4. From what i heard they originally wanted to have GGA1 cover from garden grove to the edges of westminster.
So i dont really know lol
The management there will probably be all over it. Or McCormick. Time will tell.

Shoreline Manager

Forum Ride Along
Shoreline is Hiring EMT's and Dispatch
Immediate - Full Time Openings for EMT's. Must be available days, nights, evenings, weekends and holidays.

Benefits include, but are not limited to: paid time off, holiday pay, certification reimbursement, skills sign off, continuing education credits, and healthcare coverage assistance (medical, dental, vision, chiropractic). We also provide full uniforms that are tailored to each individual employee. Employees have opportunity for Advancement to our 9-1-1 program.

Advancement opportunities to field training officer, as well as other supervisor positions, are also available.

Required Certifications (EMT):
State of California EMT-Basic Certification
AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR Certification
Valid California Driver's License
California Ambulance Driver's Certificate
DL-51 Medical Examiner Certification
Orange County Accreditation Certification
LA Expanded Scope

**All certifications must be presented at the time of interview.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Immediate - Full Time Openings for EMT's. Must be available days, nights, evenings, weekends and holidays.

Benefits include, but are not limited to: paid time off, holiday pay, certification reimbursement, skills sign off, continuing education credits, and healthcare coverage assistance (medical, dental, vision, chiropractic). We also provide full uniforms that are tailored to each individual employee. Employees have opportunity for Advancement to our 9-1-1 program.

Advancement opportunities to field training officer, as well as other supervisor positions, are also available.

LA Expanded Scope

Post that somewhere else. It is irrelevant to this post.

FrogMan04

Forum Ride Along

LA Expanded Scope

Does shoreline accept new EMT'S? If so, what rate are they started at? And how many hours can they expect to recieve?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
How do people afford to live in OC 25 cents above minimum wage? You could be a waiter or work at walmart and make more lol in n out pays $12 an hour full paid benefits and only a ged required.