Online paramedic program?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I have yet to come across a single "good" medic who went through training division. Last one I talked to still got his "A" drugs confused..... Not saying there aren't a few, but none have proved me wrong yet.

rhstanford

Forum Probie
I did not do the Paramedic but did the intermediate through percom. I learned alot through the program. You have to be self motivated and self starter to be able to thrive in an online class. My instructor was almost always available if I had questions and was very knowledgable. We had 2 skills weekends and on the third weekend we had a skills testing session which was alot more skills than the national registry requires. At the skills weekend these instructors were extremely knowledgable in the skills that needed to be performed and learned, also the skills sessions were limited to 4 students which gave you tons of one on one if you needed it.

As far as CLinicals go I think as an intermediate I had about 168 hours total of clinical time. Their clinicals were handled through TEEX in College Station and had sites across the state were you could go to do them. I learned a ton from my clinical time.

The final which is online is timed and you're desktop, your voice, and you are monitored, so in my opinion cheating on this would be very hard. However, if your cheating to pass your only cheating yourself because you would probably fail registry if you have to cheat in class to pass. Also, before you start the course if you have not had an A& P course you have to take their A & P for paramedics course.

In order to be successful in the class you have to put for the effort and you have to want it to do well.

I passed my National Registry Skills and CBT first time through, So they must have taught me something in order to pass both first time around. But then again I studied my butt off as well.

Just my .02 on the percom course. I think it is a good program and good for people who work shift work and can not go to class on specific days of the week.

Also, The Homework can be a bear. Some of my homework assigments took me days to finish. They were not cookie cutter questions, you actually have to do research beyond your textbook in order to figure out the answers. Alot of the questions make you have to clear the cob webs from your brain and make you think. I don't think you can "Coast" through this program and expect to pass. You have to work at it.
Just wondering if you would answer some questions about percom online.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Online Paramedic programs and accelerated 6month Paramedic progra,s in Texas are posting 58% pass rates on the National Registry, that is horrible.

Most College programs are above 90%

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I have yet to come across a single "good" medic who went through training division. Last one I talked to still got his "A" drugs confused..... Not saying there aren't a few, but none have proved me wrong yet.

I second this, I also have not come across one who has passed the NR

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Online Paramedic programs and accelerated 6month Paramedic progra,s in Texas are posting 58% pass rates on the National Registry, that is horrible.

Most College programs are above 90%

Citation needed.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Citation needed.

Are you requesting a link? I read this years results in a Texas EMS magazine I picked up at a Station. I do not remember what months issue it was though. But google texas EMS magazine and look at them online in PDF, you will find it.

The Magazine post the results every year.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Are you requesting a link? I read this years results in a Texas EMS magazine I picked up at a Station. I do not remember what months issue it was though. But google texas EMS magazine and look at them online in PDF, you will find it.

The Magazine post the results every year.

I look forward to you supplying a reference for your assertion.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I just gave you my response...

GOOGLE

And to clarify I should say most of the Central Tx colleges post high numbers. Not most of the Colleges throughout all of Texas...

TEEX post numbers in the 50% range

Training Division 70% range

EMS online training plus in the 50% range

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I just gave you my response...

GOOGLE

And to clarify I should say most of the Central Tx colleges post high numbers. Not most of the Colleges throughout all of Texas...

TEEX post numbers in the 50% range

Training Division 70% range

EMS online training plus in the 50% range

You don't seem to understand how proving something works. You state a point or assertion and then back it up with proof. You don't state a point and then demand the other person dig up the evidence. I sincerely look forward to your evidence, which I promise to thoroughly examine.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
You don't seem to understand how proving something works. You state a point or assertion and then back it up with proof. You don't state a point and then demand the other person dig up the evidence. I sincerely look forward to your evidence, which I promise to thoroughly examine.

You don't understand that I could care less, do you?

Texas EMS magazine has been around for years, the first issue of every year has the posting. Look it up yourself.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
You don't understand that I could care less, do you?

Texas EMS magazine has been around for years, the first issue of every year has the posting. Look it up yourself.

I am sorry but until you provide evidence for your position I will have to summarily dismiss it. Have a good day.

JPINFV

Gadfly
EMS Online: 59% out of 22 students. Borderline.
Tech Pro Services: 67%, but only 6 students so not bad.
TEEX: 52% out of 112 students. Really bad.

The problem with 2 of the programs is one isn't nearly large enough to draw a conclusion off of and the other one is borderline. The smaller the denominator, the more useless a percent is for comparison. It's like complaining the school with 1 student sucks if that 1 student doesn't pass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I am sorry but until you provide evidence for your position I will have to summarily dismiss it. Have a good day.

Then don't say anything about it. Did that ever occur to you?

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief

Not sure if you think this hurts my feelings or if you feel I would care that you are dissmissing it? But you would be wrong to think so.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Then don't say anything about it. Did that ever occur to you?

The honorable gentleman made an assertion and suggested I accept it, without proof. That is impossible, sir.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Not sure if you think this hurts my feelings or if you feel I would care that you are dissmissing it? But you would be wrong to think so.

Banish the thought! Sir, I am commenting only on your position, not you. I would never, ever be as so unkind as to comment on your character.