On their way to a roll over.

fallon.jpg

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Wonder how much of a use they were to their pt.s

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Yeah, I actually passed by the scene in my POV just as they were clearing it. I wonder why they didnt cover the company name on the truck immediatly. They try to remove any identifying information for the public, although many would know it was fallon just on the design of the tryuck...

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Yeah, I actually passed by the scene in my POV just as they were clearing it. I wonder why they didnt cover the company name on the truck immediatly. They try to remove any identifying information for the public, although many would know it was fallon just on the design of the tryuck...

One of our FDs tried to hide a ladder truck that tipped due to a big boo-boo involving (or not involving) the stabilizers. That actually got it more attention.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

one company(i cant remember which) has cans of black spray paint in the supervisors vehicles for exactly that reason. problem is in this area, we all know eachothers designs, so painting out fallon wouldnt confuse me one bit.

also, i object to this being placed in the humor catagory. it certainly is ironic, but it isnt funny in any way shape or form. even if you dont know the emt's(which i do), they are still your bretheren. calling a major motor vehicle accident involving your collegues where people could have easily been severly injured humorous is very rude and ignorant.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
In a morbid insensitive and fatalistic way, it's funny...

...just my kind.
Perfect opportunity to lube the undercarriage to get rid of that annoying "squeak".
Welcome Husker!!

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Yeah, my company gives us a roll of duct tape for that purpose, exactly. They also give us a disposable camera and tell us not to come back with any untaken pictures.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Disregard post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clibby

Forum Crew Member
I don't know, maybe its something about Massachusetts drivers, but I responded to an MVA this summer; Ambulance vs. Ambulance. We thought it was a mistake over the radio, but sure enough when we got on scene we realized that it was true. Two ambulances, one paramedic and one basic, t-boned each other at an intersection at a moderate rate of speed (45-50mph). This isn't Boston or another city either where it would be more likely. The basic unit had a pt on board, but everybody was fine. (No roll overs) What makes the story even better was that the two ambulances were from the same private company. haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
riems

riems

Forum Ride Along
also, i object to this being placed in the humor catagory. it certainly is ironic, but it isnt funny in any way shape or form. even if you dont know the emt's(which i do), they are still your bretheren. calling a major motor vehicle accident involving your collegues where people could have easily been severly injured humorous is very rude and ignorant.

Not meant to be disrespectful to anyone. It was ironic -- and did not know the story behind it (the official one) when it was posted.

OP
OP
riems

riems

Forum Ride Along
I don't know, maybe its something about Massachusetts drivers, but I responded to an MVA this summer; Ambulance vs. Ambulance. We thought it was a mistake over the radio, but sure enough when we got on scene we realized that it was true. Two ambulances, one paramedic and one basic, t-boned each other at an intersection at a moderate rate of speed (45-50mph). This isn't Boston or another city either where it would be more likely. The basic unit had a pt on board, but everybody was fine. (No roll overs) What makes the story even better was that the two ambulances were from the same private company. haha.

The one without the patient was in a rush for a detail at a race track they were late for :blink:

piranah

Forum Captain
i would just like to state..(mainly to kev).....i hold no responsability for the other employees of my company....anyway ...my company only crashes trucks in MA.....and im also good friends with the truck that was hit and it wasnt funny at the time....stupid people doing stupider things....,....

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member

The idea that intentionally covering identifying names, logos, etc. to hide it from the public as a result of an accident is comical and on a PR note just plain stupid. As a photojournalist, that would be a coup for me to photograph the idiot trying to paint over or tape over the EMS provider's name. My editors would make sure that along with the photo the name of the provider would be in BIG LETTERS as part of the caption!

Clibby

Forum Crew Member
i would just like to state..(mainly to kev).....i hold no responsability for the other employees of my company....anyway ...my company only crashes trucks in MA.....and im also good friends with the truck that was hit and it wasnt funny at the time....stupid people doing stupider things....,....

Oh, no.. at the time it wasn't funny at all. Our paramedic knew most of the personnel involved. From what we heard, correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone turned out alright. Looking back though, the irony just isn't reproduced everyday.

FF894

Forum Captain

Its probably better that it was the same company. Imagine the war if it wasn't.....

piranah

Forum Captain
it is funny now...and yes they were all alright, well...physically not with their career....anyho....ya it would have been like a gang war lol...