Old People Racing

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
hmm...., could add a whole new meaning to racing road rage. I can see it now, canes flying as they round a corner.
Yeah that could get a little hairy. ^_^

And I thought I was the only one that loved to race in a wheelchair.............:rolleyes:

OP
OP
lightsandsirens5

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh, you shold have seen my partner and trainee one day. About a year ago, we were sitting up at the ER while I was finishing paperwork. About hlafway through, my partner and our trainee disappeared. I later found them racing wheelchairs in a back halway. :wacko: They were really going at it.

katja

Forum Ride Along
wow,,

My grandmother used to race her friend in a weelchair back in the day,, lol ,, she ran over my foot with hers (electric weelchair) :p lol

I like their reactions at the end of the video,, ^_^

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
...and, they are feeling the wind in their hair, the sensation of speeding along, and the joy of beating their opponent one more time before they die. That's something worth living one more day for, isn't it?

I believe Yoko's husband said it best; "Whatever gets you through the night, it's all right, it's all right." I hope you have many things to keep life worth living one more day.

MidwestFF

Forum Crew Member
If or should I say when something happens at one of these get togethers I would love to see the result of mud flinging between the promoters, insurance companies, and the attorneys. I bet the insurance company would still call it racing and disallow the claim even though a able bodied adult should be able to walk faster than these scooters will drive. I'm surprised the participants aren't made to have roll cages, helmets and padding to participate.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Is that Jon's next event?

:rolleyes::p

sorry couldn't resist.

xgpt

Forum Crew Member
I literally just laughed until I felt like I was suffocating...

That was the best thing I've seen all week. :D

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Hey I resemble that remark (title)

Actually we don't race at Bedrock EMS. It make our feet hurt to put on the brakes.
flintstone_mobile_ebay.jpg

mycrofft

Veneficus

Forum Chief
that's from a movie?

I thought it was a person from a nursing home or hospital patient who wheeled themselves outside to smoke with their portable oxygen?

mycrofft

From "Hannibal" (as in Lecter)

Elvis after a smoke break at the home for missing celebrities.

Neat "gag", more complex than one would think I imagine.

Last edited by a moderator: