Officers Taze and shoot 5 lb dog 3 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Obviously not, because "Police say the small dog had bit a jogger"

Again, I'd like to see a statement written by the jogger saying he was bitten. Not the first time public service has lied to cover their butts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Have you not looked at the video in the link that you posted? Sure doesn't look like it's about to fall off. The bites don't look that bad. Superficial.

Because a hand has to be torn completely apart before any damage can happen to the underlying tissue.

Pepper spray doesn't stop things that are already happening. If they would have sprayed the dog, A) They would have been effected by it as well, and B ) The dog still wouldn't have let go. Pepper spray is a deterrent, not a stopper.

Watch this video http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...383664FB554B93724890383664FB554B937&FORM=VIVR

Proves 2 things-- You don't use pepper spray in close environments, and B ) It doesn't stop an attacker.

If you had an animal latched on to your hand, what would you do?

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
meyer4_wideweb__470x337,0.jpg

Don't taze my dog, bro!

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
Sasha, that is what I am trying to get at. Buying time for the SPCA to get there.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Again, I'd like to see a statement written by the jogger saying he was bitten. Not the first time public service has lied to cover their butts.

Again, you take the news article at face value for the size of the dog, so why not the jogger and the SPCA report?

Why are you cherry picking?

Contact the police department for the statement, as I really don't care that much about it.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Again, you take the news article at face value for the size of the dog, so why not the jogger and the SPCA report?

Why are you cherry picking?

Contact the police department for the statement, as I really don't care that much about it.

I trust a picture more than what the police say an SPCA report says.

Of course you don't care. Police are never wrong in your eyes.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I trust a picture more than what the police say an SPCA report says.

Of course you don't care. Police are never wrong in your eyes.

In this scenario, no. They followed the use of force continuum. How is that hard to understand?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Okay, that's enough of the
slap.gif

Any more, and this thread will be closed. This thread is not EMS related, but it is scene safety related which is why it has been left open until now.

Sasha

Forum Chief
In this scenario, no. They followed the use of force continuum. How is that hard to understand?

Because there was no need to tase a dog and shoot it three times. That is animal abuse. I don't think there was a jogger, I think these were just two very stupid police officers who should be fired and arrested for animal abuse.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Because there was no need to tase a dog and shoot it three times. That is animal abuse. I don't think there was a jogger, I think these were just two very stupid police officers who should be fired and arrested for animal abuse.

So tell me, Sasha.

We're not going to debate if they should have been there or not. Simply on force now. What would you have done if the dog was on YOUR hand?

If you had a 20lb latched on to your hand, chomping away, destroying tissue, you'd just chill there? Whack it once or twice, and when it refuses to get off, just wait for SPCA to show up to whack it some more?

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief

They shouldn't have put themselves in tht situation in the first place.
"Oh, it's a dog? Better call animal control."

Sasha

Forum Chief
So tell me, Sasha.

We're not going to debate if they should have been there or not. Simply on force now. What would you have done if the dog was on YOUR hand?

If you had a 20lb latched on to your hand, chomping away, destroying tissue, you'd just chill there? Whack it once or twice, and when it refuses to get off, just wait for SPCA to show up to whack it some more?

Shake it off. I've rescued my pug from a dog bigger than a 20 pound jack-chihuahua mix. Neck in it's jaws. Strangely, I didn't have to shoot it, I didn't even really have to hurt it!

JPINFV

Gadfly
Picture of the dog a week earlier...
funny-dog-pictures-stinkin-beavers.jpg

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Shake it off. I've rescued my pug from a dog bigger than a 20 pound jack-chihuahua mix.
You do realize the officer said he couldn't shake the dog off, and it stayed latched on even after a few whacks, a taze, AND being shot twice?

I doubt you could just "shake him off", when it took THAT much force for the officer.

Sasha

Forum Chief
You do realize the officer said he couldn't shake the dog off, and it stayed latched on even after a few whacks, a taze, AND being shot twice?

I doubt you could just "shake him off", when it took THAT much force for the officer.

Maybe the officer is a pansy.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief

As I said. The officer shouldn't have put himself in that position to begin with. The dog wasn't activly attacking someone. He could have, and should have, called for animal control. If the dog did attack a jogger before, the officer knew that the dog was vicious. That wasn't a clue that maybe he should have called for someone trained in capturing animals?

Status
Not open for further replies.