Officers Taze and shoot 5 lb dog 3 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Any statement from the jogger supposbly bitten? Wouldn't be the first time public service people lied to cover their butt.

The dog pictured doesn't appear to be anywhere near 20 pounds. I'd like to see the vet report.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Story.jpg

There's the picture for you all. I know some people don't click the articles.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Story.jpg

There's the picture for you all. I know some people don't click the articles.

Oh no. So ferocious! I fear for my life! Aaah!!!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Any statement from the jogger supposbly bitten? Wouldn't be the first time public service people lied to cover their butt.

The dog pictured doesn't appear to be anywhere near 20 pounds. I'd like to see the vet report.

Yes, because it's a complete and utter impossibility that the family would lie about the size of their dog to get their story out.

Oh wait, they did! And released a picture of an innocent looking puppy to help their point!

SPCA said 20 pounds, it's 20 pounds. Can't argue that, as the SPCA has no reason to lie.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Yes, because it's a complete and utter impossibility that the family would lie about the size of their dog to get their story out.

Oh wait, they did! And released a picture of an innocent looking puppy to help their point!

SPCA said 20 pounds, it's 20 pounds. Can't argue that, as the SPCA has no reason to lie.

News articles get it wrong all the time. The dog pictured looks no where near 20 pounds.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
News articles get it wrong all the time. The dog pictured looks no where near 20 pounds.

Again, because it's impossible for the family to have released either an old picture or a picture to help their cause, right?

Just like families of convicted killers--- "Oh but he's such a nice kid. Look at this picture from his graduation! All happy!"

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
"Once they finally did contain it, then the dog attacked the officers,” said Lt. Hartinger.

That sounds an awful lot like "cornered it" it me. What happens when dogs are cornered by people they don't know? They get nervous. How do they defend themselves? They bite.

Sasha

Forum Chief
So where's your answer for this jogger supposbly attacked???

They inhumanely killed a dog. They should be fired and arrested.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
So where's your answer for this jogger supposbly attacked???

They inhumanely killed a dog. They should be fired and arrested.

If you're going to take the news article at face value for the pic of the dog, why are you disregarding the same news article for the jogger or the SPCA report?

If it was an EMT or medic that was attacked, you'd be calling for the dog to be put down. How is a cop doing it to save a limb ANY LESS alright? You use deadly force to save life and limb.

Thank god they will not be fired, arrested, or even suspended. It's bad enough that a dog has to die, let alone the one cop has to get his hand mauled and now fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
That officer later explained to the family that he was following procedure.

Ok I have talked to a few officers that I work with and they said that there are a few more steps they could have taken before killing the Chihuahuam (They were shocked to find out it was Chihuahua). Pepper spray could have been used if the dog run up to them while waitting on SPCA.

If the dog is on the front porch, trying to get back into the house, they damn sure had time to call the SPCA

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I saw no mention of the dog trying to get back in the house. Where do you get that info?

And it was not a Chihuahua. It was a Jack Russel with some Chihuahua in it. There's a difference. Just saying it's a Chihuahua slants the story.

Sasha

Forum Chief
If it was an EMT or medic that was attacked, you'd be calling for the dog to be put down. How is a cop doing it to save a limb ANY LESS alright? You use deadly force to save life and limb.

Actually, I wouldn't. The dog only attacked when cornered. It's their basic instinct.

And it was not a Chihuahua. It was a Jack Russel with some Chihuahua in it. There's a difference. Just saying it's a Chihuahua slants the story.

It was a chihuahua mix. Looked more like a chihuahua than a jack russel. It only matters to those who think that police are above doing anything wrong.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
“They first chose physical means, then a taser and when those two didn't work, he had no option but to shoot the dog."

First chose physical means... They didn't know that dogs will attack when scared? If someone I didn't know tried to come and grab me, I'd fight. Sounds like the first mistake right there.

Taser? Really? They don't carry pepperspray anymore. That stuff is effective.

Deadly force... Biting your hand is indeed, a true life or death situation. They had no choice. Ok, sure.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Actually, I wouldn't. The dog only attacked when cornered. It's their basic instinct.

Obviously not, because "Police say the small dog had bit a jogger"

Deadly force... Biting your hand is indeed, a true life or death situation. They had no choice. Ok, sure.

What part of using deadly force to "Protect life or limb" is not understood?

On top of that, if a cop loses use of his hand, he might not have a future at a PD. Screw his family over for a dogs life? Right...

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
What part of using deadly force to "Protect life or limb" is not understood?

On top of that, if a cop loses use of his hand, he might not have a future at a PD. Screw his family over for a dogs life? Right...

Have you not looked at the video in the link that you posted? Sure doesn't look like it's about to fall off. The bites don't look that bad. Superficial.

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
"He 'barks' for him," added Scott Bullock. "He'd 'bark' and Jack would always come to him, so he's outside going ‘Bark bark bark,' hoping he's gonna come back. It's heartbreaking."

My bad I miss read it (sorry late night). But still the steps should have been pepper spray, tazer, the shooting him if the dog was trying to bit the cop.

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
Status
Not open for further replies.