Number of People on the site

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Ever notice how many people are on the site at one time. It amazes me, that at this time there are 6 members and 36 guests.... I have seen even larger numbers of guests..

What I wonder is, why are they not joining and participating, rather than just reading other's posts and being voyeurs? I would think they would have some input and ideas...

[size=+2] Come and join the fun![/size]

R/r 911

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hey Rid,

Most of those "Guests" are actually Spiders and Bots. They help raise EMTLife.com up higher in the ranks of website search engines.

Chimp

Emtgirl21

Forum Lieutenant
Ewww spiders.....i hate spiders.....they are creepy.....why cant they be like....cute puppies?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Ewww spiders.....i hate spiders.....they are creepy.....why cant they be like....cute puppies?

I'll send a support ticket to Yahoo! and Google and see if they'll change it.

:p

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Heck yes on the puppies!!! That would be sweet

A.Anaka

Forum Probie
I typically don't post until I have a firm understanding of the kind of reactions I can expect when I make a post. Hence I will continue the linger in the shadows for a while longer but I will someday actively participate in community discussions.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I typically don't post until I have a firm understanding of the kind of reactions I can expect when I make a post. Hence I will continue the linger in the shadows for a while longer but I will someday actively participate in community discussions.
Welcome, and I hope you decide to continue posting!

Greg

Forum Probie
I haven't posted yet because.......well, most of the reason I registered was so I could see which topics have new updates and such. I'm sure I'll become more active in the future, but it's nice to be able to lurk and gather a good idea of the atmosphere here before jumping in. I've witnessed some merciless flaming on other forums when a newbie says something or suggests an idea that, for some reason, the forum members collectively decide not to accept because it's either different or not 100% book-correct. Not saying that this site is like that (actually, I haven't really seen any disrespectful attitudes here at all), I'd just like to get a better idea of what the atmosphere here is like before jumping in.

I'm also a little hesitant to ask a question because I don't want to bring up a topic that has already been discussed in detail and is now dead. I'll probably use the search feature extensively before actually posting a new thread.

There are no strangers here, just friends you haven't had a chance to meet :rolleyes:

That is......slightly disturbing. :unsure:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I haven't posted yet because.......well, most of the reason I registered was so I could see which topics have new updates and such. I'm sure I'll become more active in the future, but it's nice to be able to lurk and gather a good idea of the atmosphere here before jumping in. I've witnessed some merciless flaming on other forums when a newbie says something or suggests an idea that, for some reason, the forum members collectively decide not to accept because it's either different or not 100% book-correct. Not saying that this site is like that (actually, I haven't really seen any disrespectful attitudes here at all), I'd just like to get a better idea of what the atmosphere here is like before jumping in.

I'm also a little hesitant to ask a question because I don't want to bring up a topic that has already been discussed in detail and is now dead. I'll probably use the search feature extensively before actually posting a new thread.

That is......slightly disturbing. :unsure:

I can certainly understand the desire to get the atmosphere here before posting. We, as a forum and especially the Community Leaders, work very hard to keep this from becoming a place that is engulfed in flaming.

There have been problems in the past, and I'm sure there will be more in the future but you're going to have to do some serious searching to find a forum that is this open to it's new members, flame free, and advertising free.

That being said, you can't test the waters by looking at them. You have to jump in sometime, so come on and join us!!! :D

knxemt1983

Forum Lieutenant
I can certainly understand the desire to get the atmosphere here before posting. We, as a forum and especially the Community Leaders, work very hard to keep this from becoming a place that is engulfed in flaming.

There have been problems in the past, and I'm sure there will be more in the future but you're going to have to do some serious searching to find a forum that is this open to it's new members, flame free, and advertising free.

That being said, you can't test the waters by looking at them. You have to jump in sometime, so come on and join us!!! :D
>

well I would just like to add that I have really noticed that all the mods on this forum do a really good job of keeping everyone in check and staying pretty focused on the topic of discusion and not letting it run away, or get hijacked :ph34r:

Props to the mods!!! :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
I've witnessed some merciless flaming on other forums when a newbie says something or suggests an idea that, for some reason, the forum members collectively decide not to accept because it's either different or not 100% book-correct. Not saying that this site is like that (actually, I haven't really seen any disrespectful attitudes here at all), I'd just like to get a better idea of what the atmosphere here is like before jumping in.

The cool thing about this place is that they are all really respectful! I'm not even an emt yet and have no knowledge and I have never once felt stupid or disrespected or anything...Just saying :D

emtkelley

Forum Crew Member
I hav left a few of the other forums because of the disrespect and I like it here better. The others are just too abrasive for my taste. This one is well monitored and threads locked before they get uncontrollable. So jump in, the water's fine!!!

Canoeman

Forum Crew Member
Numbers on site

I generally seem to look at the site nitely. Lately the topics just do not seem to be of interest to me. After 30 years I don't carry *&^% on my belt, I don't drive a waker car and I look farther ahead than the next coooooool trauma call. I've been in EMS management and an educator for longer than I care to admit. I would like to see more topics on issue of services, recruitment and retention, management statagies, current issues effecting running services and stategic planning into the future. What others are doing from service to service and state to state addressing issues should be of importance to all of us. The fresh EMT with the new card in his hand will not read this type of thread but be assured these things are still effecting them.

Canoeman

OP
OP
Ridryder911

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Welcome Canoeman!

You are exactly the type we need to attract. Your experience, plus insight of what is really going on in EMS can be the catalyst in maybe getting something started for EMS administrators and mid-management.

I would like to see topics of reimbursements, work ethics, state wide EMS systems crisis difficulties, etc.. I know there are several topics that can be explored.

Hope you will speak up and I will attempt to get more MGMT type involved!

R/r 911

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
In a recent JEMS I saw a small advertisement for a competing site to this one. I went there and immediately came back here as the layout here is much nicer.

Might EMTLife take out a similar ad?

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
In a recent JEMS I saw a small advertisement for a competing site to this one. I went there and immediately came back here as the layout here is much nicer.
Just cuz I'm curious what was that?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
nono what was the site?