NREMT Practice Quiz Resource Thread

emsbroadcast

Forum Probie
I think a good study guide must consist of both the material breakdown and sample questions.
The study guide at NREMT Academy (http://NREMTAcademy.com) have a lot of material breakdowns and online mini tests that will help any EMT-B test takers to feel confident when taking the National Registry.
Paying a small price for a study guide is definitely worth it. You will understand and be confident to pass the test.
The EMT-Basic curriculum from the AAOS book consist of a lot of redundancy. By using a good study guide, you will be able to focus more on what are essential on both passing the National Registry Exam, as well as being a good EMT.
You already spend a lot of money and time to become an EMT, a small price for a study guide shouldn't be a big deal to get.
At the end of the day it is cheaper to get the NREMT Academy study guide and pass the exam, rather than having to retake the exam cause you failed.

Attachments

• aa1.png
    aa1.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 1,410

RefriedEMT

Forum Lieutenant
One thing to remember with the NREMT CAT Exam is that if you have the GI bill then the VA will reimburse you for the cost of the test, although I don't remember if it requires you to pass to receive reimbursement I don't think it does.

Squishy

Forum Ride Along
I used two sites:

Sorry I can't post links:

limmercreative,com/product/emt-pass/
www,emtprep,com

EMT Pass is very difficult but by the time you get to the final tests they get a bit easier. I was a good student and still felt dumb taking the tests on EMT Pass. They challenge you to really think about the questions.

EMT Prep was good because I could attack particular subject areas.

star3082

Forum Ride Along
heroprep.com ...they offer a 100% pass guarantee and they break down the practice exams by topic. They also have a neat NREMT test day simulator which gives you like 2 hours to complete the exam just like the real thing.

heroprep.com/emt-basic-test

almorajo25

Forum Probie
Does anyone know how good is JBlearning? How long did you guys used JBLearning before taking the NREMT? Also does anyone have a promo code? It is currently $55 which is a bit too much for me but I heard good reviews about it. Greatly appreciate it!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I used it for a week or so before P, had zero issues with the test. Also used it to review before a big job interview, aced it. Well worth the money.

IslandTime

Forum Crew Member
Knightlite Software makes a great NREMT prep program called signal 18. It has over 2000 questions based on the Brady Emergency Care text. I used it to help prepare for my NREMT Basic exam and I passed with 70 questions. Highly recommend it!

This is an old post, but I thought I'd comment on it anyway. I tried the Knightlite Software demo version of the program. I found numerous grammatical errors in the questions, incorrectly formatted answers, and correct answers scored as incorrect. Perhaps it is a problem with the Mac OS X version, but I'd suggest that anybody think of buying this carefully try the demo version and verify all answers, both correct and incorrect, through external sources before committing to buy the full version. Me? I'll give it a miss.

justinjacc

Forum Ride Along
jblearning is a great tool to study! Also just study your book! If you know the information the test shouldn't be that difficult for you.

Giant81

Forum Lieutenant
This is something I should be looking into. I'm a volunteer, and have probably gone on less calls since I got my license 7mo ago, than a rookie would on a professional server in a week.

I've been looking at ways I can keep my skills sharp. I've been taking chapters out of my book and reading them once in a while. I've also been listening to the scanner sometimes at home. When I hear another department get called out for an XYZ, I think to myself "what are the signs, what are the symptoms, what history questions would I ask, what treatments would I provide? etc..." Then I look in my book to see that I'm on the right track, and to brush up on anything I'm missing.

Sally21

Forum Crew Member
I absolutely agree on the comments about JB Learning. Excellent site with challenging, almost all scenario based, questions that allow you to focus on certain areas that you may be lacking.

Some textbooks come with passcodes for JB Learning, so you don't have to pay extra.

I highly recommend the site, even if you have to pay for it.

I agree. The company i used purchased a course through JB learning and its awesome. We have online quizzes, ebook quizzes and all our exams are taken through their site. We can look back and study the quizzes. They have flash cards, online book, audio book, slides, lecture outlines and much more. We are taking our finale exam through their course as well. JB rocks!

Pepper Rossi

Forum Ride Along
I used MedicTests.com to study for my I-85 and for my Paramedic exam! Their site was great! They have tons of resources and practice tests for each category. Their National Registry simulator is amazing and most of the questions are scenario based, just like registry. They also have Quick and Dirty guides that break down the hard stuff like cardiology and acid-base balance, so it's easier to understand! I recommend this site to everyone gearing up for NR. There is a fee but it was totally worth it!

marian

Forum Crew Member
I'm about to take my basic exam for the first time.

I've been studying & have by now run through all the JB Learning questions at least twice as well as most of the FISDAP questions at least once. I'm worried because I'm starting to recognize questions (and, consequently, their answers).

Recognizing questions and types of questions isn't a bad thing, right?

Sally21

Forum Crew Member
Ordered EMtprep.com and it is a waste. Not that many practice test. The rest is just flash cards and work book like work. Which i already have. I also came across a wrong answer. They stated that once blood enters the right atrium it then passes through the mitralvalve which is wrong. Its the tricuspid valve. Overall I'm unsatisfied.

MateoMateo

Forum Ride Along
Is the JB Learning prep test this one that costs $64.95? it sure has gone up since the beginning of this thread!

www. jblearning.com/catalog/9781284075243/

I know some of you have used www. emt-national-training.com, and that ones is $49.95 for a month, do you guys recommend it this one?

thanks
Matt

TheEleventhHour

Forum Crew Member
Highly recommend JBLearning & FISDAP. In my opinion the FISDAP Exams are harder than JB but JBLearning is like an entire resource & the PrepTest explains why the answer is the answer.