Noobie

Swinney101

Forum Probie
I am new to the ems world. I almost done w/ my EMT-B class. Final test today!! Just wanted to intro myself

OP
OP
Swinney101

Swinney101

Forum Probie
passed

83.3 Percent. B average for the class. Not bad considering I am deployed. Now all i have is the practicals and NREMT.

Momokahn

Forum Ride Along
Welcome Aboard

Saw you as a newcomer yesterday and just wanted to welcome you aboard. I'm new to this forum also but not new to EMS.

I just took my NREMT CBT yesterday. When I was an EMT-I back in 1991, we didn't have to go through the NR, it was at the state level.

I let my certificate lapse back in 1995 for several reasons. I worked for a volunteer FD and it was like working in Mayberry with Barney and Ottis. Saw two volunteer FF's get in a fist fight once on who was going to drive the truck on a call and at that time I thought, what a joke. What caused me to finally pack it in back then was a 2 y/o drowning.

After 12 years I decided I wanted my certification back.

My plan is to enter MICT class in August 2008 and get my MICT certification. My plan is to keep my current job working as a Manager for the local utility here and volunteer as a MICT for our local service and become a reserve for the city I live near to.

Enough of my life story......good luck and seeing that you are deployed may god bless you and all of our service personnel protecting our country.

thowle

Forum Crew Member
Ryan,

Welcome to the EMTLife forums, hope you find it useful and enjoyable.

Congratulations on passing your EMT Course with a 83 average, that's very good. Keep studying for the NREMT exam, and the skills testing.

If you need any help, you're sure in the right place!

Good luck.

-Travis

futureemt

Forum Crew Member
Welcome to the site. Everyone hear is the BEST!!