NJ EMT Plaque for car windshield????

Gabe0725

Forum Crew Member
I was at a diner in NJ the other day & I saw another car with a plaque on the front windshield that was basically the NJ EMT patch. The plaque was basically the same one that police officers & their families have on their front windshields.

Does anyone know anything about this or where this person may have gotten it from????

Never saw it before either in NJ or NY so I'm guessing maybe this person "special ordered" it somewhere. Never knew they gave plaques out for EMT's.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Why do you feel the need to advertise that you're an EMT?

/whacker hating.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
The plaque was basically the same one that police officers & their families have on their front windshields.

Nothing says "Attention local people with a beef with the police: Please bust in my windows" quite like that.

Remeber343

Forum Lieutenant
If you want a plaque and the aid kit, ask USAF. He has some great ideas for them ;) I'm sure he will enjoy that :p

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
If you want a plaque and the aid kit, ask USAF. He has some great ideas for them ;) I'm sure he will enjoy that :p
LordSkeletor_hurt.jpg

:glare:

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
FIRE AT WILL!

6A5E3002-E10E-496B-A894-61B8EB84853.gif

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
that is pure genius
Is it bad that both Kat and I went 'I wonder how far a squirrel would fly after being launched like that?'

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Where's Bullwinkle?

I met the grandson of the guy Bullwinkle was named for.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

terrible one

Always wandering
just buy a lifted truck and put FD stickers all over it, I heard that is what the cool kids do

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
One of a few things is happening.

1) This person was given the placard from their agency (highly unlikely)

2) This person made it by theirself (more likely)

3) This person ordered it from a number of websites that gladly support whacker habits (more likely)

In the end, however, this person is likely a whacker. Those of us who have been doing this a while don't see the need to broadcast to the entire world that we can shove a tube down your throat and zap your chest with enough electricity to fry a rat.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Many Jersey EMTs have the plaques. Gets em out of tickets.

You don't need or want a plaque.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
[rant] You guys are whacked!

It just seems ironic (and worse) to me because in the beginning, letting people know you were trained to do something in a medical emergency was a community service.

People could approach you and ask for help. Being an EMT was a badge of honor.

Now, it's a cause for disrespect? Much worse, amongst peers.

That tells me you don't think much of yourselves or each other. You know damn well that what makes a "Whacker" goes beyond a sticker.

How petty!

[/rant]

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
It just seems ironic (and worse) to me because in the beginning, letting people know you were trained to do something in a medical emergency was a community service.

People could approach you and ask for help. Being an EMT was a badge of honor.

Now, it's a cause for disrespect? Much worse, amongst peers.

That tells me you don't think much of yourselves or each other. You know damn well that what makes a "Whacker" goes beyond a sticker.

How petty!

[/rant]

I don't see it as petty. [rant] There's nothing honorable or inspiring about working in our field, and being so taken with it that you feel the need to advertise is a sign that you've developed one of the more common personality dysfunctions we're prone to. EMT decals on one's car don't proclaim that you're proud to serve the community. They proclaim that you think you're special for surviving a few weeks of first aid, and/or that you see yourself as part of a fraternity that might get you out of a speeding ticket.

Being an EMT would be a badge of honor if it proved that you had competence, dedication, and desire to serve. Perhaps when you entered EMS, that was true. After decades of lazy, stupid, callous EMTs, abuse or neglect from the public, and indifference from the rest of medicine, the job has lost its glory. If you are the steward of a neglected tradition of professionalism, deep human concern, and professional pride, your fire is dying out, and it will take more than I can imagine to rekindle it. [/rant]

Last edited by a moderator: