New Years Regrets

Luno

OG
Premium Member
No, girls aren't that bad. I should've seen it coming, but I was blind.

Resolution #3: When you start to fall for a girl, even if she acts like shes falling for you too, keep your head out of your *** and make sure shes not using you.

I'm lucky, there's I don't have much for someone to use me for... ;)

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
guys arent that bad either but resolution #3 applies to us too......learned that lesson the hard way ;)

Well this is only part of it: She was on a limited income, could only pay for essential stuff. I've always been good with money. The first, I'll say 3 or 4 weeks was all true. After that I've realized was just an act. She discovered that I'm kinda a softey, or old fashioned, or whatever you want to call it:

She couldn't afford to be going to the movies, but if she cuddled up against me she would get into one free. I won't let a woman thats with me buy at a restraunt. If she took my hand and drug me around a flea market and she found something cool then I would randomly and unpredictably buy it behind her back if its not too expensive. And if she gave me a big hug and a few kisses right before I left, then I would be back.

I'm thinking now am I a fool

I guess this is my biggest regret of 2009, probably because it happened so close to the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
Well this is only part of it: She was on a limited income, could only pay for essential stuff. I've always been good with money. The first, I'll say 3 or 4 weeks was all true. After that I've realized was just an act. She discovered that I'm kinda a softey, or old fashioned, or whatever you want to call it:

She couldn't afford to be going to the movies, but if she cuddled up against me she would get into one free. I won't let a woman thats with me buy at a restraunt. If she took my hand and drug me around a flea market and she found something cool then I would randomly and unpredictably buy it behind her back if its not too expensive. And if she gave me a big hug and a few kisses right before I left, then I would be back.

I guess this is my biggest regret of 2009, probably because it happened so close to the end of the year.

i for one just that that stuff is totally sweet. however to use a guy like she used you isnt right. i will give you that. i personally could NEVER use a guy like that let alone use one at all. but i guess that comes from being on the being used end of it all too.

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
i for one just that that stuff is totally sweet. however to use a guy like she used you isnt right. i will give you that. i personally could NEVER use a guy like that let alone use one at all. but i guess that comes from being on the being used end of it all too.

I just scratched the surface of that too

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
yikes........not good

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Regrets:
-Not working harder on some papers
-Not finding a better job
-Not taking the GRE sooner

Resolutions:
-Get at least two papers submitted to journals within the next few months
-Apply to intermediate and medic courses
-Take some more technical rescue courses and/or FFI&II
-Apply to gradschools
-Have a full-time job I actually enjoy
-Get back into some sports I miss
-Do more art stuff
-Find a more interesting research area
-Audit a linear algebra course
-Figure out what the hell I really want to do... all this figuring out what I don't want to do is getting really old.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
I just scratched the surface of that too

Hey, was she at least a one-at-a-time kinda gal? My ex cheated on me and got pregnant.<_<

Ah well, I do gotta say I quite enjoy being with my new girlfriend (she was kinda like a Christmas present - we started dating on the 23rd). I have to admit, our "alone time" is, well, great to say the least....:p

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
I cant really think of many regrets. I think me saying I would not do something but did it anyways. I over thought a lot of things which emotionally left me regretful or feeling guilty that I did something I didnt, etc.

My resolutions are to become more experienced and get deeper into buddhist practice. Incorporate some of the foundations and philosophies into my life and wat not. Maybe start booking punk rock shows again. Try to get into a relationship with somebody but I am young so I can wait, and I dont want to try to hard either. Just want to have fun really. Most importantly though, to follow my goal of becoming an EMT-B, and get into firefighting.

Luno

OG
Premium Member

That sucks dude... I have a catch all rule for things like that, if I go on a date, and she doesn't offer to at least pick up her share, there is never a second date. I don't usually take them up on the offer, but it's a good way for me to evaluate their personality. It's worked out well for me. But then again, I've never bought a woman that I didn't know previously a drink either...

Tjfemt911

Forum Probie

Wow, what a jerk. I am just amazed. I've never been treated good by a guy... so hearing this makes me sick that someone would take advantage of it.. :glare: