New Texas NREMT-B

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
Hey everyone! New on the site. Actually I have been hanging around lurking in the darkness for a while, but now that I have actually passed my National Registry on December 14th, I decided that I could actually sign up at that point. lol

My name is Cody and I'm from the Dallas area. 26 years old (until December 28th). I'm a 911/Police/Fire/EMS Dispatcher, as well as an Emergency Medical Dispatcher and (now, finally) a Nationally Registered EMT-Basic. I'm also a TCFP Basic Structural Firefighter Certified. Also a volunteer firefighter/emt for a small Rockwall County agency. It has definately been a busy year for me. I started all of this on January 2, 2010 and did it all while working 40 hours a week (doesn't sound too bad, but we are on 8-hr shifts), minimum, while doing fire/ems school.

I'm really looking forward to getting into this career. I've wanted to be a firefighter since I was born. My whole family is law enforcement. Dispatcher, all the way up to Texas Ranger (retired). I had to be the odd-ball and go fire/ems. People have their Texas/Oklahoma rivalry, I've got Fire/EMS is better than law enforcement. lol

Glad to finally be able to join ya'll, and I look forward to talking to you and meeting some new people in the same field as me.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to EMTLife! Great introduction post.