New NBC series "Trauma" this fall

Cory

Forum Captain
Tonights episode was a little better actually, it was definitely entertaining. They have a neat style of making you think one person is going to have an accident, and then someone else does (example: guy is muching, tree clogs the mulcher, he climbs in to unlodge it, tree shoots out an into a ladies window and knocks her upside the head, guy is fine, lady isn't)

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Tonights episode was a little better actually, it was definitely entertaining. They have a neat style of making you think one person is going to have an accident, and then someone else does (example: guy is muching, tree clogs the mulcher, he climbs in to unlodge it, tree shoots out an into a ladies window and knocks her upside the head, guy is fine, lady isn't)

I agree.... it wasn't much better. but they did have a more accurate representation of the START triage....

but c'mon... staging that close to a shooting... wow... talk about scene safety

EMTCLM

Forum Crew Member
How about when "Rabbit" had the litle boy's mother put her finger- ungloved-directly into his open throat?I loooooved that part.:rolleyes:

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
2nd episode slightly better than the 1st, although not by much. One thing I do like, in a cheesy way, is the homage to Johnny and Roy, where they pop the caps off the preloads and the camera zooms in on it. Kind of cool.

Cory

Forum Captain
Anyone ever notice that so far, despite being in downtown San Francisco, every critical emergency has had a nice large open field directly next to it for the helicopter?

EMTCLM

Forum Crew Member
When its your own son I dont think you are that worried about catching anything.

No, of course I don' think the mother is concerned about that, but they were just in a pretty serious explosion/MCI with a lot of oil, and no doubt dust and grime all over the place, and if I were the paramedic, I would have her put a glove on quickly so the chance of anything getting in there is minimized. That's all, not insulting the mom :).

BigBoy

Forum Crew Member
next call i get im so wearing my aviators....

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
Who wouldn't stage right next to a gang related shooting and wait on for PD? Sounds legit to me. The scene was totally safe.

Cory

Forum Captain
Who wouldn't stage right next to a gang related shooting and wait on for PD? Sounds legit to me. The scene was totally safe.

YEah, especially when the guy pulls out a gun and starts making threats, and the medic just walks on as if he didn't notice.

OP
OP
rhan101277

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
Well the show has to be sensational. Yes many things are done wrong, but the average Joe Blow doesn't know the difference and just wants the action. Also no one is going to do real chest compressions on someone who doesn't need them "the actors".

I think the CPR they did on that electrocution was ok, at least they made sure the patient was clear. Didn't see if the monitor was a

To have a show that really gets to what EMS is about then we need to have ride-along's like COPS or something. But can't do that because of HIPPA, unless you get the patient to sign off on it. Then if a mistake is made its on video, but mistakes are made all the time so I guess that's why this hasn't happened yet. That and lawsuits.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
To have a show that really gets to what EMS is about then we need to have ride-along's like COPS or something. But can't do that because of HIPPA, unless you get the patient to sign off on it.

it'll be called MEDICS... and then people get to see the BS calls we get occasionally... and the stuff we get to put up with.

... hey... maybe it'll raise our pay? gain the viewers sympathy?:p

Second

Forum Lieutenant
I say the NPA with a head trauma was the right call, anyone else?

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
has anyone ever used an NPA anyway>?