New NBC series "Trauma" this fall

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Story sucks and the actors couldn't act their way out of a paperbag.

surname_levi

Forum Crew Member
i liked the part where the flight medics were off duty, and put the severed finger directly in a bucket of ice.

i bet a bunch of people are just going to end up sleeping with each other, someone becomes attached to another and dies. you know, typical american story

i still admit to liking hawthorne though

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I really enjoyed watching the show and playing the Trauma Drinking game. The rules are simple, every time a medic does something inappropriate, you get to drink your favorite alcoholic beverage. IE: sex in the ambulance, CHEERS! Shocking asystole, CHEERS!. Of course, be sure you have plenty of said favorite alcoholic beverage as you are sure to run out!

show started at 2100... by 2110 our good friend wyoskibum was in the ER being treated for alcohol poisioning... :unsure:

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
the funny thing is third watch is a much more accurate show yet they are both made by NBC, how could they go from getting it kinda right to horribly wrong

ngbacon

Forum Probie
Apparently medics have the authority to take their rigs down to the park and party when they are off duty and not in uniform? Alright!

I also do not understand why they had to make the blonde a slut. She would have been much more interesting if she kept her pants on for at least half the season.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
the funny thing is third watch is a much more accurate show yet they are both made by NBC, how could they go from getting it kinda right to horribly wrong

They are both aired on NBC, but different production companies produce the programs.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
lol... just watched it.

wow... worst depiction of EMS i think I've ever seen. Ineffective CPR and all... and what about the Scene Safety and BSI... wasn't that the 1st thing all EMT's were taught. And it was an immediate fail for National Registry... I think that the producers need to just print out the NREMT hand on skills checklist and then the show might actually have some medical basis.

I thought the Character development needed a 2 hour slot. It was amusing but unrealistic.

I must admit, I did like the line the pilot said, "I need a rig, a ride, and a sympathetic cop". One good line for an episode of inaccurate depiction of EMS

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Hmmmm....

I really enjoyed watching the show and playing the Trauma Drinking game. The rules are simple, every time a medic does something inappropriate, you get to drink your favorite alcoholic beverage. IE: sex in the ambulance, CHEERS! Shocking asystole, CHEERS!. Of course, be sure you have plenty of said favorite alcoholic beverage as you are sure to run out!

Hey, what's wrong with sex in the AMB, as long as you decon everything first... ;)

cm4short

Forum Lieutenant
The shows the biz. It an overdramatized spin on what really happens. But, it's close enough

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
I just watched it on the DVR. Huge, EPIC FAIL for its depiction of EMS. I know some TV critics who have seen the next two episodes, and apparently it gets more character driven and less on the stupid, unrealistic calls. On an another note, am I the only one who thinks a Scrubs-type show would be cool with EMS, like comedy with occasional drama.

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
I am honestly angered about this embaressment of a show... and people wonder why EMS and other public service agencies get bad raps because of crappy unrealistic shows like this one... :censored:

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
Apparently medics have the authority to take their rigs down to the park and party when they are off duty and not in uniform? Alright!

I also do not understand why they had to make the blonde a slut. She would have been much more interesting if she kept her pants on for at least half the season.

Or even half the show would have been a start, but no... first 5 minutes, thats really classy.:glare:

dmc2007

Forum Captain
I just watched it on the DVR. Huge, EPIC FAIL for its depiction of EMS. I know some TV critics who have seen the next two episodes, and apparently it gets more character driven and less on the stupid, unrealistic calls. On an another note, am I the only one who thinks a Scrubs-type show would be cool with EMS, like comedy with occasional drama.

EMS Scrubs would be an awesome show. How about "BDU's" as the name?

surname_levi

Forum Crew Member
EMS Scrubs would be an awesome show. How about "BDU's" as the name?

aw man, with an EMS scrubs type show i would get dissapointed every day at work because its nothing like on tv. so i guess thank God for "trauma" because it doesnt discourage me to keep working and getting more education

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
just watched it, kinda interesting. I did like the MCI that was caused by texting, now maybe people will realize that they do not need to txt while driving.

Hopefully next week shows more of the reality of EMS.

subliminal1284

Forum Lieutenant
I just watched it on Hulu, It wasnt good but it could be worse. Just like any TV show it is way over dramatized. If it were a realistic show no one would watch it.

dragonjbynight

Forum Crew Member

They forgot to hire a consultant on this one...Anyone who hasn't seen it, or wants to play the drinking game, the entire episode can be seen at: http://www.nbc.com/trauma/video/episodes/?apl=true#vid=1161606

Anyone remember the tv show emergency? I used to watch it on tvland, it was the show that got me into fire/rescue.