New guy from CA

natrab

Forum Crew Member
Howdy everyone. My name's Nate, and I'm 22. I'm an EMT-B from Santa Cruz, CA. I currently work for Westmed Monterey (who just took over the contract from AMR where I worked before). We've been having a long and interesting transition from AMR to Westmed, the upsides of which are new rigs, equipment and protocols. I'll probably get into the downsides later.

Anyways, I'm attending paramedic school here in Santa Cruz. Just getting ready to start my clinical internship, so I'm stoked. I keep finding out more and more how much I love EMS.

I've been reading some of the threads on here and figured it would be a nice group to join.

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome! :D
Glad you decided on joining, we're always happy to have new people.

Keep us posted on how you're doing in your medic class, and don't be afraid to ask for help. Most of us around here are pretty smart. :ph34r:

CA, I'm so jealous. Its flippin' cold here in the midwest. And theres more snow in the future, I hear. :sad:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:) :) :) Welcome! :) :) :)

Always happy to see new faces, glad you stopped in!

OP
OP
natrab

natrab

Forum Crew Member
Phridae said:
Welcome! :D
Glad you decided on joining, we're always happy to have new people.

Keep us posted on how you're doing in your medic class, and don't be afraid to ask for help. Most of us around here are pretty smart. :ph34r:

CA, I'm so jealous. Its flippin' cold here in the midwest. And theres more snow in the future, I hear. :sad:

Believe me, the fact that it's 70 degrees and sunny in the middle of winter does NOT help you sit inside and study A&P :sad:

It's not like that all the time. It can go from torrential rain and freezing to warm and sunny from day to day. Would be nice if my new employer would buy us jackets :ph34r:

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
Welcome! Nice to have you on board.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I'm thinking of applying there after I finish my NR.. let me know how it is. ;)

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
natrab said:
Anyways, I'm attending paramedic school here in Santa Cruz.

Are you a Fighting Banana Slug???

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Wingnut said:
:) :) :) Welcome! :) :) :)

Always happy to see new faces, glad you stopped in!

Yes, Thank Your for shopping EMT Life, Come again. :ph34r:

BTW. Ditto to the above.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
TTLWHKR said:
Yes, Thank Your for shopping EMT Life, Come again. :ph34r:

BTW. Ditto to the above.

You...Your... Whatever. It wouldn't let me edit. :angry:

OP
OP
natrab

natrab

Forum Crew Member
Used to be a banana slug, but couldn't find a major so I dropped out. Then I went to Cabrillo and got too distracted by music classes to take the two classes I needed for my AA. I'll probably go back once I'm done medic school.