New from MI too!

OP
OP
N

namaste1967

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Sep 21 2005, 10:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Sep 21 2005, 10:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-namaste1967@Sep 21 2005, 09:14 PM
WOW...........so much for support!
I didn't say anything about your skill level, only that I'm not a fan of the idea....

I had no intention to offend.

And we already had the "rapid emt course" discussion a few months back.

Jon [/b][/quote]
I apologize.............I was exiting a "domestic despuit" and was not a happy camper. I'm sorry! :(

OP
OP
N

namaste1967

Forum Crew Member
All 17 of us have some prior medical back ground....either by work experience or other classes. I, myself, was a state licensed emt-b 20 years ago just after high school (ok, I'm showing my age! :( ). So this was like a refresher course for me.
I totally agree that anyone who doesn't have a lick of medical background or knowledge would not have survived that course or retain it for very long. That was my big complaint about it too, but they told me that pre class testing weeded out the weaker canidates. Now, I know for a fact that some slipt through the crack and still made it into the class.........they passed the class (barely), but did not pass the state portion of our exam and weren't allowed to sit for the national.

DFDEMS

Forum Crew Member
I would be interested to find out what the company is also.

As far as a "quick" EMT course it can be done. When I went through Medic school for the Army the 1st two weeks were for the NREMT and the next 10 or so for the Army portion. It is a lot of info to cram but they still do it the same way to an extent I think..