New forum section suggested: Flight/HEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Any chance of getting a Flight or HEMS section similar to the military/tactical/wilderness section? It seems there are a decent number of members who fly and questions come up pretty often. It would be nice to have a place to post questions about interviews, jobs, scenarios, etc. EMTlife seems to have much more interest and activity than other flight forums that have been pretty slow lately. Thanks

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Any chance of getting a Flight or HEMS section similar to the military/tactical/wilderness section? It seems there are a decent number of members who fly and questions come up pretty often. It would be nice to have a place to post questions about interviews, jobs, scenarios, etc. EMTlife seems to have much more interest and activity than other flight forums that have been pretty slow lately. Thanks
I second this motion...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
All in favor?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm in agreement. It takes too long to get approved at Flightweb, and by the time you do it's pretty dead. Allnurses is not a good place for a paramedic to ask questions in general. And we seem to have quite a few flight/cct providers here.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I'm in agreement. It takes too long to get approved at Flightweb, and by the time you do it's pretty dead. Allnurses is not a good place for a paramedic to ask questions in general. And we seem to have quite a few flight/cct providers here.

Oh man that place is dead.....and has been, for a while. Surprised it's still up, actually.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I poked around on this site a few years back, never joined though.

A very smart group of well-rounded, and accomplished professionals. It did seem like the site had not been touched in some time though, and again, this was a few years back.

I chuckle slightly as I have seen numerous people on this site take things personally, or the wrong way, and can't help but wonder how they would have meshed with some of the "stronger personalities" on flightweb.
Oh man that place is dead.....and has been, for a while. Surprised it's still up, actually.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Several of the FlightWeb people were here, and sadly, have since left us. I find that forum groups are cyclical. People come and go... most of us have made friends and enemies in these groups.
Frienemies.

OP
OP
VFlutter

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I haven't had a chance to get in the 407 yet. I liked the EC130. Anyone know how much smaller they are?

How is the 407 compared to AirEvac's 206s?

OP
OP
VFlutter

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
We have toyed with the idea in the past. There seem to be a plethora of subforums and in we are hesitant to add more. That said we will discuss reorganization.

Maybe the "EMS Humor" and "Did that just Happen?" could be merged into the EMS lounge to make room...

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
We have toyed with the idea in the past. There seem to be a plethora of subforums and in we are hesitant to add more. That said we will discuss reorganization.

There is a lot of interest and discussion on these forums about HEMS and CCT. IMO, probably much more "legitimate" interest and questions about HEMS/CCT than about Wilderness and Tactical EMS.

I'm pretty confident that a HEMS / CCT subform would be at least as active as "international EMS" or "wilderness EMS".

Last edited:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Im betting more so, since we have more active members in the flight/cct realm than wilderness/military

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
VFlutter

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
The scenarios on flightweb used to make my head spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out NurseAnesthesia.com sometime. A lot of the flightweb nurses are now CRNAs and pretty active over there. Lots of good airway scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.