New FlightShears Updates

EMTSTRONG

Forum Crew Member
Thanks to all for your continued support. We have done well enough with the trauma shears I patented such that our site has achieved the number 1 spot for on Google's search engine for "trauma shears", recently bumping Amazon.com. This comes as a slight shock although I am not clear on how Google functions.

Anyway, we are shopping for a new website with improved features, such as the ability to purchase via credit card. Please expect these changes in a month from now.

Since the website began, we have made some small alterations, such as testimonials and additional pictures. If anyone has continued suggestions for other changes, please drop me a message for consideration.

I'll also make it known that we are working on improvements to more efficiently produce the shears to reduce cost and that we are manufacturing new prototypes. I can't offer a timeline for expected changes regarding these.

http://trauma-shears.com/product.htm

OP
OP
E

EMTSTRONG

Forum Crew Member
Facebook buttons

I managed to plant a simple "like" button here:

http://trauma-shears.com/testimonials.htm

I have seen some EMS sites where the facebook like button has the facebook faces of the people who clicked on it. I have not found the source for obtaining that code. Does anyone here know of a lead for getting this?

Thanks

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I pointed a few people who saw your shears in my survival-straps picture on FB. I love them. In fact, if you're the ABQ side of the company, I believe I met you at a starbucks to pick up my pair :)

medic417

The Truth Provider
I pointed a few people who saw your shears in my survival-straps picture on FB. I love them. In fact, if you're the ABQ side of the company, I believe I met you at a starbucks to pick up my pair :)

How much commission are they paying you? :p

OP
OP
E

EMTSTRONG

Forum Crew Member

I bet you met Scott out in NM. He is my partner. Thanks for the testimonial. Would love to see the picture. In fact, if your willing, we'd be very grateful if you would donate it for our new page: http://trauma-shears.com/Picture Gallery.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
pm me an email and I'll toss it to ya'll, also added it to your fb page

medic417

The Truth Provider

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hey wheres my commission for being your business manager.:p

Um... 25% of nothing is... carry the 1... add teh zero... nothing :p

OP
OP
E

EMTSTRONG

Forum Crew Member
15% discount - All orders on backorder through approximately Dec 1

Scott, who is responsible for receiving orders and shipping, needs a break to study for his ER physician boards. Therefore, all orders are going on backorder through December 1, 2010. They will ship in plenty of time for the holidays. In exchange for this inconvenience, we are providing a 15% discount until that time. To obtain the discount, enter HOLIDAYS15 at the checkout.

Thanks

OP
OP
E

EMTSTRONG

Forum Crew Member
Nearly out of stock announcement. -Unexpected holiday demand.

Due to INCREDIBLE demand for our FlightShears for the holidays, we are running exceedingly low on inventory. We will be accepting and fulfilling orders through the close of business on Thursday, December 9th (6pm MST). After that time we will no longer be accepting orders for the rest of 2010 while we manufacture and replenish our inventory.

OP
OP
E

EMTSTRONG

Forum Crew Member
Out of Stock

We had an unexpected flood of Christmas season orders in addition to one very large order. This overwhelmed our temporary inventory and we are currently out of stock until further notice.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Joedaddy1120

Forum Crew Member
Just came across these. They look pretty cool. Anyone use these? Do they hold up/stay sharp? The price is steep but if the quality is good i may put them on by wish list!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Been using my pair for over a year and they've held their edge very well. Not really had any problems with them... Except when they get backed over by a rig the caribiner handle tends to seperate from the blades. I'm gonna be ordering a new pair in a few months

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
One of the ED RNs around here as them, and she loves them.