networking in Oregon

Camtheman

Forum Probie
Hello, I don't mean to:deadhorse: , but I will be in Portland for a week and a half looking for places to work as a paramedic.

I'm in the process of contacting AMR but is there anywhere else I can go to in person with my resume and certs? I would love to show my interest by being there in person and I don't want to miss any opportunities!

Thanks!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
The only other place I would suggest is MetroWest in Hillsboro, they cover all of Washington county, and handle all of the Kaiser transfers. Those are the two primary 911 agencies in the Portland area, however, I'm sure there's probably some smaller IFT companies up there if you're into that sort of thing.

OP
OP
C

Camtheman

Forum Probie
Thanks! I'm really interested in 911, fire and hospital. That being said though I will take what I can get :)

Thanks again!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
No problem, I don't know if MW is hiring, but it's another place to look.

Just keep in mind that if you're set on working in Oregon, it may also be a good idea to expand your search outside of the Portland area if you can. Some rural areas are probably hiring, and if you're REALLY lucky, you might find an FD somewhere, as much of Oregon is fire-based.

OP
OP
C

Camtheman

Forum Probie
I am absolutely willing to look/work outside of portland but it would have to be a reasonable commute from portland.

What outlying areas do you suggest?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Having to commute from Portland makes things a little more difficult, as a lot of private companies around here (at least to the best of my knowledge), have a residency requirement. That being said, there are a companies on the northern coast, such as Astoria or Tillamook county, that may be worth a shot. I don't have much experience with anything in the eastern part of the state.