Nervous

dry-fly

Forum Probie
So is it normal to be nervous as hell when Paramedic school starts? We just got underway, but.....all the responsibility, testing, clinicals,etc. Did I mention the responsibility? :wacko:

Veneficus

Forum Chief
So is it normal to be nervous as hell when Paramedic school starts? We just got underway, but.....all the responsibility, testing, clinicals,etc. Did I mention the responsibility? :wacko:

Yes it is normal.

It will pass.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yep :) I'm on medic school mk 2, and I was nervous as hell before I started, even though I've been running lead ILS for the last 4 months :p

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
It's normal to be nervous as hell even a year after medic school has ended...

OP
OP
dry-fly

dry-fly

Forum Probie
to add to the pile, my wife and I are expecting our first baby and I'm about to start a new job. So what's the best way to deal with it....I guess that's a dumb question, everyone's different.

Last edited by a moderator:

Veneficus

Forum Chief
try to see the bright side. Just one baby right?

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Then by the time you get to peds you should be comfortable with it.

325Medic

Forum Lieutenant
Wait to you get hired as a medic and have to work limited mic. Talk about a learning curve.

Joedaddy1120

Forum Crew Member
Your not alone. I had my first class yesterday. I am both nervous and excited. But I am looking forward to the challenge and will strive to be the best in my class.

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
All I have to say is if you show up in the outfit in your picture, I would be a little nervous. j/k

It is normal to be nervous. Pretty soon, you will have new friends, new adventures, and opportunities galore. Stare it in the eye. Make your mistakes now. Live, learn, and grow.

Oh, and don't forget to laugh. B)

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
if you deal with one moment at a time, everything is manageable.

byoung57

Forum Probie
Absolutely! Your body is getting you ready for an awesome responsibility. Just don't get behind on the material and watch your time management.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator: