Need support

sack jears

Forum Crew Member
One week away from starting medic school, I get a phone call saying a good friend of mine has been put on life support second to a high falling trauma to his head. They cut the back of his skull off to reduce swelling. I went to see him and it's rough. Parents devistatedl and pure raw emotions in expressing all of there fears. It was unsettling to see yet it gave me hope that I would handle these situations and find closure before it becomes me Making the calls to be the savior

Frankly it became very real to me in that moment.
What is your experience when you found out that the disaster Was pointed at you and your the only Capable medic to fix it

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
Trauma calls are usually pretty easy because we rarely have the ability to actually fix anything; the best we can do is to identify the injuries/probabilities and maintain the basics while trying to reduce the prep time required to get them into the OR... where they actually get fixed.

Also, sorry to hear about your friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
One week away from starting medic school, I get a phone call saying a good friend of mine has been put on life support second to a high falling trauma to his head. They cut the back of his skull off to reduce swelling. I went to see him and it's rough. Parents devistatedl and pure raw emotions in expressing all of there fears. It was unsettling to see yet it gave me hope that I would handle these situations and find closure before it becomes me Making the calls to be the savior

Frankly it became very real to me in that moment.
What is your experience when you found out that the disaster Was pointed at you and your the only Capable medic to fix it

Your first major call of any type will be difficult, after that it will be much easier for you to just fall back on your training. It is also much easier when you're not emotionally invested into the patient such as you are with your friend falling.

OP
OP
sack jears

sack jears

Forum Crew Member
I created this post last night after taking my sleeping medication for the evening and to be honest don't remember it at all. thus most of the spelling and grammatical errors. Appreciate the love tho. I'm all right. Ambien is a hell of a drug