Need a New Belt!

Vinceh

Forum Crew Member
Any feedback on belts you own for work. Not sure if I like the plasctic in the Blackhawk series. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Vince

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have a 5.11 trainer belt I bought for carrying a firearm. I also use it for work since my EMS pant belt loops will accomidate it.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I use search feature to find more info.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Uniform belt?
Pistol type belt?
Uniform belt while wearing a pistol belt over it?

ZVNEMT

Forum Lieutenant
i'd just go to a uniform supply and buy a plain black leather belt. I messed around with different belts before and its really just a waste of money. Your belt isn't going to affect your performance at all, unless you don't wear one and your pants fall down on scene...

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Are you going through a magnetometer?

Then get plastic buckles.
Nylon can fold unless it is uncomfortably thick or you are thin.
How come no one wears suspenders?

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I think this is the one all the news guys get

should be a picture here somewhere...

Attachments

• 91364-utility-belt_400.jpg
    91364-utility-belt_400.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 285

ZVNEMT

Forum Lieutenant

How come no one wears suspenders?

I do in the winter, under my sweater. I avoid wearing them year round because i'm a white guy with a shaved head, big clunky boots, and tattoos. so im trying to avoid the braces and boots, skinhead look.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Make sure your belt is thin enough to accommodate your pager and radio. Nothing like constantly having stuff fly off your belt.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Get the one Veneficus reccomends. It will better help you "save" people. Every EMT should have one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

In all seriousness, something in expensive, easy to clean, etc. I wear a plain old BDU belt. If we go on a tech rescue call I will grab my Nylon emergency rappel belt that doubles as a class I harness so I can clip in if I am working in the edge but aren't wearing a full blown seat or body harness.

We used to wear them when I was at emergency response/disater training school since we did tons of high angle and tech rescue stuff.

MRE

Forum Captain

I was just going to post a link to this site. I have owned and worn one of these belts nearly every day for the last 5 years. I got the 1.5" black 5 stitch instructor belt. It is stiff enough that carrying a heavy radio or pager won't cause it to sag or twist.

After 5 years, the velcro is showing a bit of wear, but still works fine. No other issues at all.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
wow, really.......................a thread about belts??

Things this forum does threads on:
Steths
Belts
Guns
Motorcycles
Paintball
Sirens
CA Ambulance drivers license
CA EMT-B employment.
What crap you carry

Just generally stuff like that we see on a regular basis

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
There is a guy on these forums that makes nylon rigger belts on the cheap. I bought one from him in black and it's been a good belt. He has all kinds of options for colors and sizes and still the nicest belt for the price I've ever bought.