My mom passed away today

emtkelley

Forum Crew Member
A few months ago I posted about Mom and since had been caring for her. I just wanted you all to know she had died this morning (Alzheimer's) and she isn't suffering anymore.

I have enjoyed coming here and yacking with everyone. Sometimes we don't agree but that's ok. We don't have to. I think alot of you all and will be around in the next few days after i get myself back together again.

take care.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm sorry for your loss.

Take as much time as you need.

You and your family will be in my thoughts.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
I'm sorry for your loss and prayers to you and your family

Asclepius

Forum Lieutenant
Sincerest sympathies. Sometimes it is unclear which is worse, watching our loved ones suffer in life or giving them up to death. I will be praying for you during this difficult time.

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Very sorry for your loss...I agree with Asclepius...

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
So sorry for your loss... you are in the prayers and thoughts.

R/r 911

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Loss is often an easier burden when spread among friends, and you have plenty of them here. Prayers to you and your family for the coming days ahead, and we will be here whenever you have the need to unload some of your grief. God Bless you & the family

emtwannabe

Forum Lieutenant
As a caregiver to both my parents, I sympathize with you. I am glad to see you view the positive in the situation. I am keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers, and I hope you find peace during this time.

brassguy

Forum Crew Member
I am so very sorry for your loss!! You and your family will be in my thoughts!

Epi-do

I see dead people
My condolences to you and the rest of your family. All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Condolences to you and yours. I am always astounded at how "being prepared" for an iminent death prepares us for everything but the grief.

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
Sorry to hear about your mother.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm sorry for your loss. You'll be in my thoughts.

Take care,

OP
OP
emtkelley

emtkelley

Forum Crew Member
Thank you for the wonderful words. They have helped me through the past few nghts when I couldn't sleep. I could log on and just read through everything. Thank you for sharing a bit of my sorrow with me.

Mom loved butterflies. I try to think of her Alzheimer's was a cacoon in which she could not escape until she was ready to fly on her own. She found her wings Friday morning and escaped this damned disease. I believe she won the battle before her AD was able to take anything more from her. She still knew us and I was able to tell her oh so many times I loved her. She even sang me a lullabye on Thursday while I cradled her in my arms. I was indeed blessed.

You are all amazing.....and my mom would love knowing so many people cared. Because she was always giving of herself and caring about others. Thanks again.