Moving To Texas!

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks for the list and neither can I. 4 years of critical care transport experience doesn't mean much, I guess lol.

Actually, I did apply to Montgomery County on November 4th. Still says in "HR Review." Just like all the other job portals lol

I don't know what to tell you, those Private services have SUCH high turnovers that they are always looking for people.

Do you have something that is holding you back in yourbackground or something? Maybe they are just upset that the Giants beat Dallas :)

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Williamson County EMS (Hires in Feb)
Austin-Travis County EMS (Hiring Now)
Montgomery County EMS (Hiring Now)
Harris County ESD#1 (Not sure)
Fayette County EMS
Washington County EMS
Waller County EMS
Rockwall County EMS

There are some more for you, I tried listing them in order of pay for you but I may have gotten 1 or two mixed up.

I can't believe you haven't gotten a Call back from Galveston or some of those larger Privates

How long does the hiring process take for some of these?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Champion EMS out in east Texas... they cover what ETMC doesn't.

MedStar: I know you said you applied there, but I also DO know they are currently looking for medics. Have you gone to the online test part yet or have they just not even said anything back? If they just haven't said anything back, give it time, they get a lot of applications. If need be, call and just inquire from HR about it.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Both MedStar and Champion look like great companies.

OP
OP
R

RiderMedic

Forum Crew Member
I don't know what to tell you, those Private services have SUCH high turnovers that they are always looking for people.

Do you have something that is holding you back in yourbackground or something? Maybe they are just upset that the Giants beat Dallas :)

The Giants beat Dallas? Well, my dad is happy. He hates Dallas lol.

And no, nothing in my background. Of course, that would be hard to find as they haven't contacted any employers or references yet and I have no criminal history and a good driving record.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Try calling. Many places see New York on the application and put it in the round filing cabinet. Just moving to a different city in the state took phone calls for me to do.

OP
OP
R

RiderMedic

Forum Crew Member
Try calling. Many places see New York on the application and put it in the round filing cabinet. Just moving to a different city in the state took phone calls for me to do.

That's what I'm fearing but as I stated in an earlier post how can I move to somewhere when I don't know whereI'll be working lol and secondly, who in the world would rent an apartment to someone that has NONE written in the employment section of the leasing application?

It's an evil catch-22.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Just make a couple of phone calls to HR at the places you've applied to show your actually serious and not BS'ing and wasting their time. My service is hiring in the metroplex, we're in the middle of some restructuring right now.

bigdogems

Forum Lieutenant
I have to agree with it being a problem with you being out of state. I understand your problem but most places want someone who can start as soon as they give an offer or shortly after.