Motorcyle vs fire truck

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
This happened only a few miles from where I live in the neighboring city....my first thought was "What an idiot", going way to fast, was all over the road, bound to hit someone or something sooner or later riding like that. Though as my mom said when we saw it on the news was that night was that at east if you're gonna crash, at least he had help immediately on scene....

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
This happened only a few miles from where I live in the neighboring city....my first thought was "What an idiot", going way to fast, was all over the road, bound to hit someone or something sooner or later riding like that. Though as my mom said when we saw it on the news was that night was that at east if you're gonna crash, at least he had help immediately on scene....
Not very much help. From the video it looks like one of CalFires convict wildland crews.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Not very much help. From the video it looks like one of CalFires convict wildland crews.

Yeah its definitely a inmate crew. Even if the Capt. was a medic (big if with schedule B) theres not much he could do (no medical supplies on hand crews). At best the Capt. may be a EMT, still not much he could do.

Correction: It appears to be LACoFD, if so I don't know how they staff their inmate crews.

OP
OP
zzyzx

zzyzx

Forum Captain
Was he riding on a fire road? I don't understand why it was only a single lane.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I believe the road is technically a 2 lane road. There are a decent number of roads in CA that do not have a center line but are still 2 lanes.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Glendora Ridge Road (GRR) is a 2 lane road with a center line until you get to the top. Its really popular for motorcyclists because its a mountainous road, lots of hairpins.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Off topic conversation has been removed for being off topic.

RedAirplane

Forum Asst. Chief
Looked/sounded like the firefighters were doing a good job with the medical treatment. Asking if he knew where he was, supine position, and all that. (All firefighters nationwide have to be at least first responder, so I would have expected that).

I'm surprised that he was conscious after that.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
An ambulance comes from practically Foothill Presybeterian on the Gelndora side or Claremont on the a Baldy side. 30+ minute response times and It's pretty lawless up there.

It's a well known area for street racing and other debauchery. My buddy and I crashed his little Toyota up on the ridge road when we were in high school. Lots of stupid going on up in those hills.

People are frequently driving into or off of the mountain. The corner just west of Mile Marker 6.2 eats people. It's deceiving how tight that corner becomes and they go sailing off, hundreds of feet down, into the abyss.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
An ambulance comes from practically Foothill Presybeterian on the Gelndora side or Claremont on the a Baldy side. 30+ minute response times and It's pretty lawless up there.

It's a well known area for street racing and other debauchery. My buddy and I crashed his little Toyota up on the ridge road when we were in high school. Lots of stupid going on up in those hills.

People are frequently driving into or off of the mountain. The corner just west of Mile Marker 6.2 eats people. It's deceiving how tight that corner becomes and they go sailing off, hundreds of feet down, into the abyss.
Grew up in Claremont. Lost my virginity at Baldy lost a friend outside the tunnels lol that place has like you said alot of douchebaggery but some great memorys lol