Miranda Rights for EMS

doc5242

Forum Crew Member
You have the right to be spinal immobilized, despite the fact that you were only hit at the speed equivalent to that of a sloth on Valium.

If you give up this right to abuse the system, any attempt to fake neck pain later on can and will be used against you in the course of me starting multiple, painful, large-bore IVs.

You have the right to distract the ER physician from treating any real patients and to have an attorney present, which is why the ER staff will do needless tests and procedures to begin with, just so they can cover their own butts.

If you cannot afford a new car, a new car will be won for you by your unethical, ambulance-chasing, low-life, blood-sucking lawyer—by tying up the judicial system for years in the hopes that the poor ******* who tapped your back bumper will settle out of court, at no cost to you.

If you understand these rights as read to you, please nod your head violently up and down.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I think I need to print that on a card and laminate it.

My vote for best post ever.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
ffemt8978 said:
I think I need to print that on a card and laminate it.

You have my vote. Best. Post. Ever.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I love it! I think I will print it and post it in the patient area of our ambulance.

Wonder how long it will get left there......

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
doc5242 said:
If you understand these rights as read to you, please nod your head violently up and down.

ffemt8978 said:

-nods head violently up and down-

gradygirl

TROUBLE
I vote to make this an official and required sign on every ambulance nationwide.

I also vote for best post ever.

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
I have to say, that was well said! I have a family member who fell victim to one of the types of people described in the original post. It's quite frustrating to go through the legal system to prove fraud - which is the most ironic thing about it!

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
This needs to be taped to the ceiling of every ambulance, right over the head of the cot. Might give our "critically injured" patients a chance to consider the consequences before calling 1-800-MOR-CASH. That and letting them see what a 12 ga. needle actually looks like might do the trick...lol. Great post!!

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Tincanfireman said:
This needs to be taped to the ceiling of every ambulance, right over the head of the cot. Might give our "critically injured" patients a chance to consider the consequences before calling 1-800-MOR-CASH. That and letting them see what a 12 ga. needle actually looks like might do the trick...lol. Great post!!

Yeah, what he said. Ditto! :rolleyes:

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
While I agree with the post, posting in our trucks might get us all fired, seeing as that all attorneys, including the one that would defend our service's, stick together like tar. Plus hey, we can add the up charge for the LSB and all and then forget to check that tiny box that says medically nessecary on the bill!

EMTLVFC4

Forum Probie
Beautiful absolutely beautiful! And where I ride it would get left up in the patient compartment for a very long time and probably read to ever drunk something or another on a saturday night!

And yet another vote for best post ever.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I love it!! :p :p :p :p

Megs_h13

Forum Probie
I agree with everyone on this one. Great Post!!!

Aileana

Forum Lieutenant
haahahha I can't stop laughing at this one!!!
(I know it's an old post, but thought it deserves to be unearthed. :p)

TheDoll

Forum Captain
I have to say, that was well said! I have a family member who fell victim to one of the types of people described in the original post. It's quite frustrating to go through the legal system to prove fraud - which is the most ironic thing about it!
whilst still appreciating the original post i must say this...
AND FINALLY, someone who knows the meaning of the word irony and uses it correctly! *applause* :)