Medication App.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Looking for an App. to look up pt. medications. What one do you like?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Google

Micromedix

Epocrates

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
Micromedex was great, then it stopped working, now it's not free.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Epocrates is what I used 99% of the time. Both in the field and the hospital.

Edit: Medscape is good, too.

Last edited:

samiam

Amazing Member
I am a big epocrates fan especially for med lookup. Lately though as I have been needing more backround and info I have been using UpTpDate which is friggin awesome. Its not practical on a emt salary unless you can get your hands on a institutional subscription. They have lexicomp database drug refrences in there.

Btw if anyone is interested I get to pass out free 30 day trials to uptodate with my subscription. Just pm me a email and I can send you one. Warning though its so hard to go back once you have used it lol :)

DarkAngel

Forum Ride Along
I'm a bit spoiled. I really like Up-to-date and micromedix but I get to use my hospital account since I'm a pharmacy tech there.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I might look into an UptoDate account with my hospital. The nurses get one and they might give me access even though I'm just an ED tech there.

samiam

Amazing Member
I might look into an UptoDate account with my hospital. The nurses get one and they might give me access even though I'm just an ED tech there.
As long as you can sign into the hsopital intranet/system you should be able to get one thru the institutional subscription.
PM me if u want some more info/help.

Also I can shoot u a free 30-day if you pm me a email