Medic Students!!!

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Did it actually work? :p

Going over neurology tonight in class. We have a cardiology exam on Wed, and then an exam every 2 or so weeks until December.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I got 6 IVs tonight. 2 14s, 4 18s.

First night of internship extension went excellent! Hopefully only 5 more total nights to gop

swindlman

Forum Crew Member
Got my first "authorized" live IV stick the other day, 20-GA in the Rt hand. First try.
It was my second live stick other than the one i did in basic school on one of the medic students when we were bored and hit that too (but shhh i didnt say that) ;)

squrt29batt12

Forum Crew Member
We're not using Brady, we have AAOS Nancy Caroline's Emergency Care in the Streets as well as the AAOS Anatomy and Physiology for the Paramedic book.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
I would have liked the Brady books because of the volume system, but we use Mosby with the Brady A&P book. We have had about 6 different books for the class since it started though.

The other reason I like the brady is you can get the brady study guide and in the answer key it has the chapter, page number, and volume you can find the answer to the question so you can read about why you missed it, or why you got it right.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
After our cardiology exam last night, we dropped 3 more people, and another 3-4 are on the verge of being dropped. Ouch.

We were assigned a certain section of the endocrine system that we have to present on Saturday at class... and low and behold I got DKA. Great...

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
DKA is fun, are you including HHNK in the presentation or is that a different topic?

How many did you start with?

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Naw, someone else got HHNK, which takes away half my 'fun' <_<

Started with 23.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Naw, someone else got HHNK, which takes away half my 'fun' <_<

Started with 23.

By the time we got to cardiology we were down to less than 10. Then our instructor told us "Pass ACLS or you are no longer in the class". All of us but one passed, he was gone. Then another guy got kicked for breaking a rule. Now it's just 5 of us, we took all but 4 of our practicals today and have our final exam next monday for class. Woohoo almost done with class.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
The Medic class in front of us graduated last Friday. Out of the 13 that took their NR so far, 11 of them passed first try.

Can't wait.