Matt Walsh wrecks this dude who claims to be an EMT

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Not sure how this changes anything or contradicts what I said. The definition of gender isn't something that a political faction wanted to change, but rather based on interpretation of modern research (over past 60ish years). Support by major medical societies demonstrates my point that it isn't merely political ideologies fighting.

I will put in a thought that the way we talk about gender is our attempts to categorize the experiences of human beings as they live their lives. It has been the case at some points in history that deviation from the norm was suppressed through forcible means and societal stigma. It is not so long ago that it became safer to speak about personal experience openly, and we are still journeying toward acceptance of differences. The definition of gender is imperfect and evolving, which is built into our system of language. I do think the important thing is respecting human dignity, including the dignity of self-determination of gender expression

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Not sure how this changes anything or contradicts what I said. The definition of gender isn't something that a political faction wanted to change, but rather based on interpretation of modern research (over past 60ish years). Support by major medical societies demonstrates my point that it isn't merely political ideologies fighting.
Not necessarily. If those groups have an agenda, and silence opposition, then it’s just hokum.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I've really lost track of what this discussion is even about.

OP
OP
Kavsuvb

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
You can be both intersex and trans, but nothing about being intersex would imply identifying as trans. Obviously @Kavsuvb is the last word on their own identity and also does not owe us any breakdown of said identity, but I'm wondering if @DrParasite is mixing up not fitting easily into the cultural male/female binary with being trans.

@Summit I'm sure the percentage of people who are intersex is relevant to the conversation at hand somehow, but I am missing it. Would you be so kind as to catch me up with your line of thought?
In reality, I am an Intersex/DSD person who happens to have Kallmann's syndrome. I have the Kal-1 gene of Kallmann's syndrome. I don't see myself as either male or female, although I am listed as female because of my Biology, Anatomy and physiology. I'm listed as female because how my endocrinology team treats me and takes care of me. I don't use any of the LGBTQ's pronouns because I think it's stupid and nonsense.

The reality is that Intersex/DSD aka Disorders of Sexual development is a Rare disease and not a sex, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation. People like me have life long medical issues that would shock the medical community such as a micropenis, ambiguous genitalia, gynecomastia, Sensorineural hearing loss and born with NO sense of Smell. On top of that, I am one of those who has a missing or a deletion in Chromosome 16 and I am dealing with Vitiligo as well.

OP
OP
Kavsuvb

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
Intersex is very rare. Intersex prevalence is a small fraction of a percent, it might generously round up to 0.1% aggregating all the different disorders and abnormalities that get grouped under Intersex (phenotype unclassifiable or not matching genotype) but it is probably closer to 0.01% than 0.1%.
I'm the extremely rare few that exist on this planet