Looking for an EMT Program-Los Angeles area

aly

Forum Ride Along
Good evening

My name is Arely. I am a new member and this would be my first post. I found this website while researching information on EMT programs. i found the questions and feedback very useful. I am currently working on my nursing degree. My current goal is to become a Registered Nurse but I am very interested in working as an EMT while I continue my education.

As well as many that I have seen on here, I have been looking for EMT programs online but it is hard to decide which ones might be good. I live in Downey but i'm looking all around the Los Angeles County area.

I am asking for any recommendations, hopefully from people who have already gone through an EMT program.

I am not intimidated by strict or tough professors, on the contrary I find easy passing classes to be a red flag. I would prefer a good, tough professor who I know will challenge me and prepare me properly.

Thank you in advance for any feedback

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
CIEMT in Long Beach. Can't say enough good things. The instructors are all fun and energetic, and they have a great way of making sure you retain information. They have 2 length classes, 5 days/wk, 4wks, or 3 days/wk, 7wks, both are $800 or so. You'll leave with a good starting knowledge base and be very well prepared for the NREMT.
The majority of what you learn as an EMT will be in the field, but a good school makes a world of difference in your preparedness.
Other places to try:
UCLA Daniel Freeman in Inglewood, 5 weeks long full time, $1100 I believe, and also a very well respected program.
Rio Hondo has one I believe that's part time and lasts about a semester if I remember correctly, and would be much less expensive than the two above.
There's gotta be more nearby but nothing comes to mind.