Littmann scopes. Anyone that has one, how do u like it?

trevor1189

Forum Captain
I'm just going to slot this in here

I have a $10 steth, it works great but the ear piece has hard plastic inserts, I've seen gel ones around but will those fit onto the cheap head or are they different threads. I know it may be difficult to answer 100% right but best opinions welcome.

Is there a draw back to this?
I have a cheap stethoscope and I have tried to put gel eartips on it, but they don't stay on. The earpiece tubing is too small for the tips. Only draw back with the el cheapo I have.

Either that or you're driving on Pennsylvania roads and the korotkoff sounds sound like either a diesel engine or a couple tons of metal rolling over roads as smooth as a dirty teenager's complexion.

I have a Littman Leightweight II S.E. and I adore it. I especially adore how it cancels out the outside noise when you hold the bell firmly against the skin. I recommend Littman to anybody.

Pennsylvania roads...bad? Never! Look at all the construction they are constantly doing on them. There's no way they can be bumpy. ^_^

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
As an EMT-B, I don't see the need to get too fancy here. While the cheppy ones might be good enough to get by, I chose a middle ground one. THE LITTMANN LIGHTWEIGHT 2 SE. It is very light, which is great on the neck, if you wear it there. It also has a oval shap for slipping it under the BP cuff. Plus it is a Littmann that goes for about $50. If you throw on the gel ear pieces you are solid as a BLS level provider!
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...E3E02LECIE20KFI1_nid=ZD04NMHXWZbeD77LGQCVJWgl

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
2-11-09 and someone on a new stethoscope topic could not locate this. I have spent 3 minutes and posted on multiple steth topics. I hope this helps you new people since they are now at the top. You can send your thanks in the form of cash.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
And wow, someone was kind enough to help me in the topic I posted without telling me to dig around. Imagine that. Maybe I'll thank that person instead for being understanding of my time constraints.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
I've had a Classic II for years, bought it after I had issues with infant lung sounds with the POS that the company supplied for the AMB. Absolutely love it. Did get the bell engraved though, makes it kinda difficult to steal when you've got your name engraved on it... :D

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
2-11-09 and someone on a new stethoscope topic could not locate this. I have spent 3 minutes and posted on multiple steth topics. I hope this helps you new people since they are now at the top. You can send your thanks in the form of cash.

Why not just send you a new stethoscope? :p

judoka5446

Forum Crew Member
I have a Littman Lightweight and love it. I find myself using the bell side most of the time, it picks up lower range sounds like pulse and lung sounds.

ChicagolandIFT

Forum Crew Member
WOW, you guys really like stethoscopes on this forum!!! I have seen quite a few really long threads. I also have a Littmann Lightweight and get along quite well with it. When I work with a certain medic, she lets me use her Littmann cardiology scope, which sounds great, but I cannot see a basic needing anything more than a basic scope. I see a lot of newbies around my area have the fancy things around their necks on the first day, but they are usually the ones who think passing the EMT B test is equivalent to getting their MD.