Lifepak CR plus battery?

aRN354

Forum Ride Along
I have a lifepak cr plus that i carry in my personal vehicle. I recently purchased a new charge pack (battery) and pads. When i installed everything it only shows 2 of the 3 bars. It showed the same thing before i bought the new battery pack. Is there a way to "reset" it to accept the new battery?

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a lifepak cr plus that i carry in my personal vehicle. I recently purchased a new charge pack (battery) and pads. When i installed everything it only shows 2 of the 3 bars. It showed the same thing before i bought the new battery pack. Is there a way to "reset" it to accept the new battery?
Contact the manufacturer they will know more than anyone else would

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I’d contact the manufacturer. I’ve found AED manufacturers to be exceptionally helpful and competent when dealing with the public.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You technically need a prescription, but most AED vendors will facilitate that for you.

Nobody will jam you up over having an AED unless you try to use it and it malfunctions. Also, if you do use an AED that you personally own and you don’t successfully resuscitate a patient, expect to be asked to produce service records and biomedical certificates.

America is such a litigious place, you can expect a civil suit anytime someone feels slighted. That’s why many of us use a cell phone as our only off duty equipment.

xKhaleessiix

Forum Ride Along
You technically need a prescription, but most AED vendors will facilitate that for you.

Nobody will jam you up over having an AED unless you try to use it and it malfunctions. Also, if you do use an AED that you personally own and you don’t successfully resuscitate a patient, expect to be asked to produce service records and biomedical certificates.

America is such a litigious place, you can expect a civil suit anytime someone feels slighted. That’s why many of us use a cell phone as our only off duty equipment.
Thanks for that, because I was going to look it up today lol.

I know that getting my CPR/AED certification they were telling us we can be sued if someone comes to and gets mad at us for performing on them.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks for that, because I was going to look it up today lol.

I know that getting my CPR/AED certification they were telling us we can be sued if someone comes to and gets mad at us for performing on them.
I agree with the advice you've been given about unauthorized AEDs, but I believe you're overthinking the CPR part. I'd say the chances are extremely low of you being sued for doing CPR correctly on a pulseless patient without an advance directive to the contrary. As for the pt getting mad at you, maybe reconsider EMS if you're going to worry about that.

xKhaleessiix

Forum Ride Along
I agree with the advice you've been given about unauthorized AEDs, but I believe you're overthinking the CPR part. I'd say the chances are extremely low of you being sued for doing CPR correctly on a pulseless patient without an advance directive to the contrary. As for the pt getting mad at you, maybe reconsider EMS if you're going to worry about that.
I'm definity not worried about it was simply stating thats what we were taught.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm definity not worried about it was simply stating thats what we were taught.
You are covered for any and all BLS you do as long as you don’t use any advanced techniques. Good Samaritan Law.

You can be sued if you throw your privately owned AED on a stranger and it’s not covered by an employer, or public use situation ie: Airport, Shopping center provided.

Your ”instructor” was wrong in not clarifying this.

xKhaleessiix

Forum Ride Along
You are covered for any and all BLS you do as long as you don’t use any advanced techniques. Good Samaritan Law.

You can be sued if you throw your privately owned AED on a stranger and it’s not covered by an employer, or public use situation ie: Airport, Shopping center provided.

Your ”instructor” was wrong in not clarifying this.
I mean when I got my CPR/AED training it wasn't through my job. It was through the redcross when I was doing nursing. So---