Laguna Beach Doctors Ambulance

wtferick

Forum Captain
Good evening fellow EMS.

Currently work for a 911/Ift provider in the OC. Current goal is flight medic in the future. So my main question is if Laguna Beach fire uses mercy air often? From what I heard, they do. Could be wrong. But if they do, does Doctors Ambulance get to interact often with them?

Would love some insite. Thank you.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
They still have Laguna. That's all that's left. Rumor is the city is going to implement an AO program when the contract is up, but there's no real confirmation on that.

As for flight calls, the trauma center is only 9 miles away at MMV (Unless it's a burn victim). They're not flying people out often. I know county will occasionally hoist people out that get injured down Thousand Steps. The only HEMS calls that I recall "recently" were both IFT based.

Laguna is a lot of driving around the city, picking up the homeless, and taking them to the hospital. Oh and psych. All of the psych patients you could ever want. It's a cool city with interesting calls, But it's not call in the helicopter kind of stuff.

If you're looking for some face time with Mercy, get a job out at Morongo Basin Ambulance. You may not get to sit and chat with the flight crews, but you'll get to know them. They do allow ride alongs, but you may have to befriend them before they'll allow you to.

I know some flight medics and RN's and some of my partners have flown with them. I get violently air sick so I've always declined the offer. Would be awesome though.

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
They still have Laguna. That's all that's left. Rumor is the city is going to implement an AO program when the contract is up, but there's no real confirmation on that.

As for flight calls, the trauma center is only 9 miles away at MMV (Unless it's a burn victim). They're not flying people out often. I know county will occasionally hoist people out that get injured down Thousand Steps. The only HEMS calls that I recall "recently" were both IFT based.

Laguna is a lot of driving around the city, picking up the homeless, and taking them to the hospital. Oh and psych. All of the psych patients you could ever want. It's a cool city with interesting calls, But it's not call in the helicopter kind of stuff.

If you're looking for some face time with Mercy, get a job out at Morongo Basin Ambulance. You may not get to sit and chat with the flight crews, but you'll get to know them. They do allow ride alongs, but you may have to befriend them before they'll allow you to.

I know some flight medics and RN's and some of my partners have flown with them. I get violently air sick so I've always declined the offer. Would be awesome though.
Please shoot me those offers my way! Haha I've been dying to get air time but it is just so difficult to get a ride along!
I really hope Doctors gets back into the main game. Sad seeing them go out like they did.