Ladder 49 is out

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I don't want to say too much about it cause I don't want to ruin it, but I will say that in all aspects it was very realistic.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
I can't wait to see it. Unfortunately, this week's not looking good:

Friday night - on duty
Last night - on duty
Tonight - parents coming for dinner
Tomorrow night - start teaching ARC Emergency Response course
Tuesday night - church meeting
Wednesday night - drill
Thursday night - MAYBE!

cbdemt

Forum Lieutenant
Everyone needs to hurry up and see it, cuz I want to talk about it!!!!

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm going Saturday night... try to hold on!!!

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I saw Ladder 49 opening night, with my husband and a few members of our volunteer fire department. Needless to say, with exception of a few minor things easily overlooked.....and you watch this not as a "technical advisor".....you will be moved, trust me. I walked out of there feeling proud of what ALL of us do every day...paid or volunteer...careerists or part-timers...we're part of a larger whole that makes up a group of people that "bust ours......to save theirs"

Have a great weekend everyone, I hope all of you are well. I remember you all in my prayers. Stay safe!

rescuecpt

I saw it. cbdemt private message me if you want to chat about it.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I think by Monday it's open game to discuss the movie. The rest of the group has had time to see it. LOL :D

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Well, what's the verdict?

rescuecpt

Better than Backdraft. Unfortunately, I saw it after working a 90 hour work week so I was exhausted (and extra emotional) so all it did was make me think about my friends who died and the World Trade Center. Needless to say, I was useless after the movie. But, I will definitely be first in line to get it on DVD.

DonQ

Forum Crew Member
I saw it. And MAN, was it amazing. My friends who are firefighters will attest that it is truly an amazing movie. I agree it is better than Backdraft. Much better. It is a very emotional movie. The comedy is very well timed. This is an awesome movie. A must see! I'm going to see it over again and again.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
all of the "free lancing" from my experience is true to life. I enjoyed it a great deal with the exception of what the ending caused me to do... <_<

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I thought the movie was good and was very sadden by the ending. As we were walking out of the movie theater my g/f just looked at me, not knowing what to say. Thoughts of 9/11 just came pouring back. <_<

Chimp

rescuecpt

Hey, I'll admit it, I cried through most of it. It was easy to see through the plot, and the whole time I kept thinking of my friends who went in but didn't come out on 9/11. And I don't cry at movies.