Just wanted to say hello

NJWhacker

Forum Probie
Im new to this little community and the EMS world. Ive been a member of the local vollie squad for 4-5 months now and Im halfway thru NJ's Basic course. Looking to make BLS a possible career while I look into either a medic or MICU nurse course. And yes, the name is true. Im a whacker. lol :p

stonez

Forum Crew Member
Hi there
And welcome, this is a great site for all EMS resources, so use it!!!! Good luck.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Welcome! Great site; I've found it makes up for some educational deficiencies.

And yes, the name is true. Im a whacker. lol :p

Don't worry, the regulars' kind words and gentle treatment will soon cure you of those tendencies.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the tribe!! :)

NJN

The Young One
Welcome, You have dethroned me as the Newbie from NJ. That could be either a good or bad thing i haven't decided as of yet. Anyhow I'm sure you will find a lot of good information on this site.

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
Welcome my Jersey brother! And good luck with your schooling!

NJN

The Young One
Then you should see my squad many times a day.

NJN

The Young One
Fair or Far? Yes Muhlenburg is not far from most places. I have the "honor" of going there around 10-14 times a shift. The unfortunate thing is that solaris, the company that owns Muhlenburg and JFK in Edison. Is planning on selling MRMC. But thats another story. Whacker, what squad are you on?

futureemt

Forum Crew Member
Fair or Far? Yes Muhlenburg is not far from most places. I have the "honor" of going there around 10-14 times a shift. The unfortunate thing is that solaris, the company that owns Muhlenburg and JFK in Edison. Is planning on selling MRMC. But thats another story. Whacker, what squad are you on?

I'm sorry and apologize for my spelling error....far!!! Wow, I didn't know that!!

OP
OP
N

NJWhacker

Forum Probie
Im riding for Watchung. You? We don't really bring alot of patients there unless they request it or its super close. My class had the clinical times all setup with MRMC so its where Ive got to go. 10-14 times a shift, your squad is quite busy. Im jealous. lol

NJN

The Young One
As my location says, i work for the wonderful Plainfield Rescue Squad in the beautiful city of Plainfield.

NJN

The Young One
Haha, your in less stress out of WRS right? I know who your talking about.

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
I love nj haha. ive seen your squad there may times newbie. i almost singed on paid there but it was a matter of me working in plainfield or umdnj i think im gunna take umdnj

NJN

The Young One
But Plainfield is such a nice town with at least a PI call daily and a strong chance of mental evals. Its ok, i dont blame you. I think even some of the guys at my squad applied to umdnj. But if you know anyone who would like to work for PRS, i believe that at least Wensdays 4-midnight is open.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
N

NJWhacker

Forum Probie
But Plainfield is such a nice town with at least a PI call daily and a strong chance of mental evals. Its ok, i dont blame you. I think even some of the guys at my squad applied to umdnj. But if you know anyone who would like to work for PRS, i believe that at least Wensdays 4-midnight is open.

Hmmm. Thats something to think about.

NJN

The Young One
Whacker if you ever want to join a squad with about 13 or 14 times your current squads annual calls (I'm bad at math and i cant remember exact how much yours was last time i checked your squads site but i think i'm right) I'm sure one of the PRS members in your class would be able to get you a volly application.