Just wanted to announce.....

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
I have been hired by AMR - River Medical running out of Kingman Arizona. I was afraid to jinx it but I got my offer of employment letter today. I am very happy. I really appreciate all the information and support I get from this site. I hope that with some practical experience under my belt I can start contributing in a meaningful way.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to the very large, dysfunctional family that is the nation's largest private EMS agency.

OP
OP
O

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
Thank you brother. Can you fill me in on the physical agility test? I did one for SouthWest Ambulance and aced the flexibility and strength. I thought I did just fine on the step test but they did not like my heart rate at the end of it. Decided that I wasn't cardiovascularily fit enough. I would imagine AMR is the same. I figure I got a couple of weeks to build up enough endurance to do better. (crosses fingers and whistles past the graveyard)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I didn't have to do one.

Sapph just did it... she might know.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
im sorry to hear that, employee number xxxxxx.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I think it is a good start, congrats a your new job!!:)

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
I have been hired by AMR - River Medical running out of Kingman Arizona. I was afraid to jinx it but I got my offer of employment letter today. I am very happy. I really appreciate all the information and support I get from this site. I hope that with some practical experience under my belt I can start contributing in a meaningful way.

Damn...AMR's in AZ?? I heard a rumor that they might be, but I didn't know they already are. Interesting....

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Kaisu, there's the same Cardio test (I think). It's not so much your actual heart rate as how well you recover (aka, it's ok to be a little high, but it better be coming down as they're counting, or something). There's also the lift test. The weight on that apparently varies by region, or something. Good luck!!!!

EMTDON970

Forum Crew Member
American Medical Rejects! One of my competitors here in Pittsburgh. Not too big here to EMS rich here, I have a fellow FF working for them who told me they are on there way out of here.

Good luck to you! Welcome to EMS!!!

AZFF/EMT

Forum Lieutenant
Every once in a while we run into la paz county with river medical units on the I10 for nasty grinders or when river has no units available. Always seemed like good crews and with a lack of fire coverage in some of the areas, they get to run the show, but have to work short handed (which is great sometimes). Until this past year my department was mainly all rescue's with volly's on our engines and we ran all of our calls with 2 man crews='s good times and experience but now we have increased our size 4 fold and I sit on scenes with 7 other firefighters and miss the old days and consider trying to find a good part time rural ambo job.

OP
OP
O

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
Working out of Kingman I won't run into you on I10, but maybe with a transfer to Parker or Quartzite I will see you. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Thanks for the affirmation vis-a-vis the River crews. That was my sense of them too - good people - short handed - sounds to me like good times....

MRE

Forum Captain
A couple years ago I actually got to see the inside of the ER at Kingman. I was on a family vacation and came down with mono. My tonsils swelled up so bad that I could barely eat and was having trouble talking too. I was in Peach Springs getting ready to hike down into the canyon. Unfortunately that never happened.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Congrats! I'm sure you will do fine. I hope you enjoy your new job.:)