Job Shirts

SES4

Forum Lieutenant
Okay so I thought that this decision would be straight forward and basically easy but for some reason it is not. I suddenly became fashion concious. LMAO.

Denim collar with denim elbow patches or straight navy blue no denim?

Any thoughts?

And I have opted to buy Game rather than 5.11 because Game seems to be a bit sturdier and they are most cost effective.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Okay so I thought that this decision would be straight forward and basically easy but for some reason it is not. I suddenly became fashion concious. LMAO.

Any thoughts?

And I have opted to buy Game rather than 5.11 because Game seems to be a bit sturdier and they are most cost effective.

Elbow patches will make you look like a hobo. Straight navy blue.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
I prefer the all navy since denim fades and looks tacky. Denim is fine if you're going to standby at a rodeo I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider

Any thoughts?

Are you buying a new style for the service? If so get input from all the crews.

If your buying for yourself why don't your service have a matching uniform? Even if a volly there is no excuse not to look professional and part of that is matching professional uniforms.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Are you buying a new style for the service? If so get input from all the crews.

If your buying for yourself why don't your service have a matching uniform? Even if a volly there is no excuse not to look professional and part of that is matching professional uniforms.

Because some services don't offer them.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Because some services don't offer them.

I know many services do not provide uniforms but most that are attempting to look professional establish a color and style so their people can match.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I know many services do not provide uniforms but most that are attempting to look professional establish a color and style so their people can match.

You would be suprised how many different shades of "Dark Navy Blue" there are. If they're not going to provide them, they really can't mandate what is to be worn. I mean they CAN but when it's cold outside and your employee brings in a red jacket when you said navy blue, are you really gonna take it away from them if it's all they had?

Best way to assure everyone matches is to suck it up and provide for their employees. When it boils right down to it, you can get things like job shirts and jackets cheaply, if you do some looking.

medic417

The Truth Provider
You would be suprised how many different shades of "Dark Navy Blue" there are. If they're not going to provide them, they really can't mandate what is to be worn. I mean they CAN but when it's cold outside and your employee brings in a red jacket when you said navy blue, are you really gonna take it away from them if it's all they had?

Best way to assure everyone matches is to suck it up and provide for their employees. When it boils right down to it, you can get things like job shirts and jackets cheaply, if you do some looking.

Yup. Sometimes you can even find slightly imperfects cheap, but can't find why they were labled that way.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief

Any thoughts?

Sarah, mine has the denim, it's what my company has all of us wearing (even though we have to buy it ourselves), and, we match fire.

spisco85

Forum Lieutenant
I use a Dark Navy with Denim for my volly services but I also try to wear EMS pants and boots when I'm going to be around town so that way I at least appear to be as professional as possible.

My work we wear black pants, white button down shirts and very nice black 5.11 jackets.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Ok... some places have "optional" uniforms. 2 places I work allow a company jobshirt to be worn if the EMT buys it.

And I like 5.11

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
I like the denim.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
We use navy. My only issue with it is that its sometimes easy to miss a spot of pt gooey in the dark color. I'd rather be able to see it so I can clean it.
Denim fades easily and in my opinion looks a bit too casual.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
You would be suprised how many different shades of "Dark Navy Blue" there are...

And depending on the manufacturer, the color fades fast, too.

CountryMed

Forum Ride Along
Hey! I resemble that remark! :)

Actually in our "smack dab in the middle of farm country" volley fire service, we use all dark navy uniforms...no denim. But I understand why you might think we would. :)

Really? I thought Canadians were all about denim... The Alberta Tuxedo and all :)

poppawilly

Forum Probie
our uniforms are black ****ie pants with cargo pockets and dark blue fire/recue t-shirts. and yes we are ems as well as firefighters. same uniform applies to both. company suppies us t-shirts but everything else is all on the individual. it's bullcrap but thats how the ball bounces.