It's Banner Time! Suggestions Needed!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Okay, it's time to create those awesome EMTLife banners I've been promising for so long. I'm not creative, so I need your help thinking of sizes/sayings for the banners.

Thanks!

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
we should have a contest!
Everyone use their photoshop skills and try to make one, and then we vote!

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I like it! The winner could even win a prize... a GREAT prize. I say the winner gets to throw a pie at Chimp. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened :)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I like it! The winner could even win a prize... a GREAT prize. I say the winner gets to throw a pie at Chimp.
I like pie on my face. B)

It wouldn't be the first time it's happened :)
And I can honestly say there are pics on the net that prove it.

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Okay, few questions:

What color palette should I work with? How large would you like the banner to be? Do you want one that does an entire headliner at the top of the page? What text would you guys like thrown in?

I was bored and tried out doing a darker color scheme. I like the grittiness of the night time so I wanted to use black and street hues. Keep in mind this is in no way a final, I just wanted to see image composition and try a few things out. The text sucks but I was just trying out placement. If I were to stick with this design, I would make the banner wider and have much more space between the star of life and the wambulance, which would allow for real text placement.
messingarounden0.jpg

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Thought I'd continue with the design
bannernotrasterizedrk0.jpg

I need feedback! I'm sort of going about this completely blind to be honest.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I like the second one Swiss, with the faded star of life, but don't like the font for EMTLife.

My recommendation, which is all I can really give cause I don't have skills like you, is make it EMTLife.com, not just EMTLife.

And what do you think about keeping the catch line underneath it, or maybe even coming up with a new one?

And honestly, 9/11 sucked and everything, and we all lost family members, friends, 'brothers and sisters' that day, but there has to be a time to move forward.

And how come everything on the ambulance is blurred yet 'Paramedic Unit' is perfectly clear? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I would like the see the star of life in a shade of blue, I guess I am a little "old school! ;) Maybe not make the ambulance so "blurry"

medman123

Forum Lieutenant
I like the second one Swiss, with the faded star of life, but don't like the font for EMTLife.

My recommendation, which is all I can really give cause I don't have skills like you, is make it EMTLife.com, not just EMTLife.

And what do you think about keeping the catch line underneath it, or maybe even coming up with a new one?

And honestly, 9/11 sucked and everything, and we all lost family members, friends, 'brothers and sisters' that day, but there has to be a time to move forward.

And how come everything on the ambulance is blurred yet 'Paramedic Unit' is perfectly clear? :unsure:

I took out the 'paramedic unit' the 'never forget' thing and also made the star of life blue (thats for you airway:D)

Attachments

• emt1 copy.jpg
    emt1 copy.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 47

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I'll make some further edits tonight.
It seems as though you thought that was some sort of final design, I was just trying out a few different ideas. I'll see what I can come up with tonight.:mellow:

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Based on the feedback here's an edit:

bannerrasterizeddx9.jpg

Star of life is now in blue hue, Paramedic was blurred (this was due to the photograph), 9/11 was made smaller and more discrete. Added our slogan.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I like the last one, especially the blue hue in the Star of Life.

Does anyone else want to submit their ideas, or are we all just going to critique SwissEMT's work?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I vote for Letting Swiss do it.

trackmedic

Forum Crew Member
I would be cautious about saying you are #1. Based on what credible info? What stat service are your referencing? Fieldmedics says that they are the largest. Emsvillage has a lot of traffic. EMT City does not claim anything, but anyone who is watching knows that are busy.

Sooo... isn't the thought behind here is to be a small, tight knit community....does that qualify as #1?

Just thinking out loud.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I would be cautious about saying you are #1. Based on what credible info? What stat service are your referencing? Fieldmedics says that they are the largest. Emsvillage has a lot of traffic. EMT City does not claim anything, but anyone who is watching knows that are busy.

Sooo... isn't the thought behind here is to be a small, tight knit community....does that qualify as #1?

Just thinking out loud.
Great question! In fact I've thought about it many times, but it hasn't come up in discussion.

I don't have the time or patience to give you a full answer, but I'll try to be brief. When I created the forum, it was created as a place that would be most conducive to professionals discussing EMS.

*Fieldmedics didn't start until 2005
*EMSVillage and EMTCity both have a lot of traffic, but when I started EMTLife, they didn't have much in the way of a discussion forum.

Right now we have nearly 53,000 posts. That's not too shabby. I'll also argue that we've focused on the discussion forum/community, and that's been our focus since day one.

Lastly, we're the only discussion forum that doesn't release our visitor counts. That's not important to me. All of members/visitors in the world doesn't mean crap if the content and community isn't there, and I feel as though we have both.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Great question! In fact I've thought about it many times, but it hasn't come up in discussion.

I don't have the time or patience to give you a full answer, but I'll try to be brief. When I created the forum, it was created as a place that would be most conducive to professionals discussing EMS.

*Fieldmedics didn't start until 2005
*EMSVillage and EMTCity both have a lot of traffic, but when I started EMTLife, they didn't have much in the way of a discussion forum.

Right now we have nearly 53,000 posts. That's not too shabby. I'll also argue that we've focused on the discussion forum/community, and that's been our focus since day one.

Lastly, we're the only discussion forum that doesn't release our visitor counts. That's not important to me. All of members/visitors in the world doesn't mean crap if the content and community isn't there, and I feel as though we have both.
I think the banner looks awesome. Is there any chance you can make it in a more standard size?

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks Medman!! you make the ol'e gal proud!!!;):);)

Anomalous

Forum Lieutenant
I like the last one, especially the blue hue in the Star of Life.

Does anyone else want to submit their ideas, or are we all just going to critique SwissEMT's work?

In the true spirit of EMS, let someone else do it. :D

('Cuz I certainly can't)

babygirl2882

Forum Captain

Just thinking out loud.

Personally I just checked out those 3 and they are full of ads and look really hard to navigate...this site has no ads....making it feel much more homely? and not like I'm being bombarded every time I come....also its cool that it's just postings...sorry off topic...just had to say

I really like the banner with the blue...and the second one posted letting of EMT LIFE was cool looking....with the added #1 forum thing makes it look really good....gr8 job by the way! :D