Interview & test questions/tips

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone,

I know this topic has probably been beaten to death (Hence how I found this forum) so I apologize, but I have some questions regarding AMR's interview and testing process. Some of these I found partial answers to, but it never hurts to get fresh answers.

What type of questions can I expect during the interview? And what should I study for in regard to the written test?

Also, questions such as the typical, "your coworker comes to work with alcohol on his/her breath.." Is this a chain of command issue? Would I immediately go to a superior? Might seem stupid, but I overanalyze everything.

And what shoud I bring to the interview? So far I've got at least 4 copies of all of my certs to give to the panel, a notebook/binder, and pen.

Thanks!

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
Also, questions such as the typical, "your coworker comes to work with alcohol on his/her breath.." Is this a chain of command issue? Would I immediately go to a superior? Might seem stupid, but I overanalyze everything.

this is a personality question. they want to see how YOU would respond to this. there may be multiple "right" answers, but which one you choose is what they want to know

OP
OP
T

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
this is a personality question. they want to see how YOU would respond to this. there may be multiple "right" answers, but which one you choose is what they want to know

Alright, thanks for the breakdown, guardian. I appreciate it.

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
Do you have a resume? I would bring copies; at least 4 of them to hand out as well. Dress nice, tell the truth not BS! Shake hands before and after. Thank them for there time, and the oppurtunity (sp? sorry). Make eye contract. Joke a little bit if you feel that it would be okay too. Show then you have a personality.

OP
OP
T

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
Do you have a resume? I would bring copies; at least 4 of them to hand out as well. Dress nice, tell the truth not BS! Shake hands before and after. Thank them for there time, and the oppurtunity (sp? sorry). Make eye contract. Joke a little bit if you feel that it would be okay too. Show then you have a personality.

I don't have a resume. I've worked at two unrelated jobs, should I make one anyway?

Thanks for the tips!

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
What makes for a good EMS resume? The ones I made in college were aimed more towards a job in the finance field.

wyoskibum

Forum Captain
What makes for a good EMS resume? The ones I made in college were aimed more towards a job in the finance field.

Experience in the work force does count. It shows that you value continued employment. List any accomplishments or responsibilities at the other jobs. ie: "Was a team leader on a project that was finished on time and on budget" or "Was responsible for making sure the new cover sheets were on the TPS reports"

Employers are looking for people who are self starters and require minimum direction in their job. They are looking for intelligent workers who they can trust to make the right decision in a pinch. You resume should reflect those traits.

OP
OP
T

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
Just wanted to thank those of you that gave me input. I appreciate it. Got through the interview and if all goes well I should have a job some time in April. Thanks again!

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I have tested and interviewed with AMR. If your applying for Paramedic yes there will be a moral/ethic test, answer it like a boy scout.

there is a written test multiple choice on ALS level questions. Its pretty easy stuff, way easier than a state or national test IMO

My interview had questions kind of like this.

Name a stressful time of crises and how you handled it.

Give an example of a time something did not go as planed and how you improvised

Name a problem you had with a co worker at the work place and how you handled it

Why do you want to be a Paramedic

How would you be a valuable asset to AMR

What are your Future career goals

Thats all I can remember, hope that helps

EDIT: Sorry I reread the thread and see you already interviewed. Goodluck

Last edited by a moderator: