IBSC

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I got my WEMT through NABISCO.

;)

Rubicon Bob

Forum Crew Member
The CFP was definitely awarded directly by the NFPA from the time that the credential was instituted (late 2000 or early 2001) until at least the middle of 2002, when I took it. In late 2002 or early 2003, the NFPA was issued a cease and desist by lawyers for the organization that administered the Certified Public Accountant (CFP) credential for infringement on the "CFP" title. At that time the NFPA changed the name of the credential to FP-C and birthed the BCCTPC for legal reasons. Somewhere in this time frame they also started the prep course and dropped the education and experience requirements.

Here's the history from the IBSC website

I was getting my FP-C recert info in order, noticed this, and remembered this post

BCCTPC was formed in the summer of 2000

IBSC was formed in Jan. 2016

Attachments

• BCCTPC and IBSC History.05.jpg
    BCCTPC and IBSC History.05.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 22

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Here's the history from the IBSC website

I was getting my FP-C recert info in order, noticed this, and remembered this post

BCCTPC was formed in the summer of 2000

IBSC was formed in Jan. 2016
That's interesting. This is my original CFP certificate. No mention of the BCCTPC. I'm pretty sure that none of us had ever heard of the BCCTPC until they changed the name of the credential from CFP to FPC, which IIRC was a year or two after I was first certified.
IMG_5617.jpg