I watched an assault and wondered

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
I'll come out of my long dormancy and also join the chorus in saying "this is pretty obviously fake." It's like a bulleted checklist from a Powerpoint presentation of what might constitute police brutality.

Seriously. Hollywood could have come up with a more plausable brutality case.

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
"They pointed to a camera and drug him off" - raises my bs flag... I could see them nod, or mention it to on another.. But it sounds to storybook to me.

Can't count the number of times that's happened on-scene. Honestly and literally, I can't. I don't want to make a statement that sounds accusatory, but perhaps because of violence or roughness in the areas I work, it's a little more common? Different worlds, I suppose.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
I work in THE most violent areas in California... And I've never seen it... Maybe the local pd here have a little more tact. Granted I've seen my fair share of police roughness - but it wasn't undeserved.

MS Medic

Forum Captain
This is the statement that made me throw the flag.

I heard a weird clicking sound which make my puppy go crazy.

Anyone who is old enough to be out with there boyfriend walking their puppy and have taken a basic first aid class a decade ago is old enough to have atleast seen a taser on TV enough to be able to recognise one.

I've also seen police beat plenty of people down, or atleast the aftermath of it, and I can say over 90% of the time, the person getting the beating brought it on themselves.

P.S. sorry about any misspelling. No spell check on this computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'll come out of my long dormancy and also join the chorus in saying "this is pretty obviously fake." It's like a bulleted checklist from a Powerpoint presentation of what might constitute police brutality.

Seriously. Hollywood could have come up with a more plausable brutality case.

Welcome back!!!!

And you're right sounds totally contrived.

Steveb

Forum Lieutenant
133108383176.gif
I'm stealing that from you!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
5535-1268374636.jpg

I give you---Tactical Medics!

Sidebar: As medical practitioners in a correctional setting, we were forbidden to take part on forensic collection other than alcohol blood draws (and those were 99% replaced with alcohol urine tests by officers) or physically subduing inmates, because it constituted a conflict of interest.

Even if the posting person was just projecting stuff onto a poorly understood situation, the negative prejudice was there. Too bad. (sigh)