I Think I'm Giving Up On My EMS Goals ( Kern County )

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
ff5a6c282d918be752227092762b623d.jpg

Honestly how I feel right now.lol
You're welcome... *drops the mic and walks out*

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
So he's perhaps over eager, over confident. No where did he say he was owed a job.
I will say he is a bit naive about not being told why not from HR. HR can't talk about the why not, even if they know.
He hinted around to it. He acts like hes some superman. Born and bred to transport the sick and ailing of Bakersfield.

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
He hinted around to it. He acts like hes some superman. Born and bred to transport the sick and ailing of Bakersfield.
Perhaps. It just seems that some here jump like a junkyard dog on a bone at their first opportunity.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I think most of us give the the new posters benefit of the doubt when they step on their own **** the first time.

This one however... Not so good.

Parameduck

Forum Crew Member
Most people dont get their first choice in ems. My friends from medic school are scattered around my state. Have you considered working in a hospital? It will give you a chance to look at nursing and hospitals tend to accommodate schedules more. Look into volunteering at a fire station as well. Most of the basics I work with have volunteer experience and know their stuff well. Finish your degree! You will be happy you did when it's all said and done. You can always come back to HALL or Bakersfield but you might find a place you love more. Good luck

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Didn't catch a hint of entitlement in his post.

It's ridiculous that I have to abandon these modest goals, I wanted to enter into EMS because I strongly desire to. I have the grades to enter into post grad programs, or could even breeze my way through nursing school

OP: if your goal is to work at Hall in Kern County, then move somewhere else, get so.E experience, and reapply/move back.

band aid man

Forum Crew Member
I kinda skimmed through this post, honestly pisses me of, iv tried hard as I could to get a emt job basically anywhere and if I got hired dam straight I'd move or do what I needed to do. (unless it's financially impossible) just take what u get and shut up. I live in tulare county id do anything for a job. You come in here acting like u deserve best job ever shut up and take a bus if u get one. god knows I would.

Summit

Critical Crazy
OP if you speak in the same style in which you post, that is a huge part of your problem. Your word choice seems too deliberate, officious, and tedious. You might think you are being high-brow, precise and eloquent, but it doesn't come across that way. It makes you sound like a blowhard know-it-all.

I have that problem... but have learned to control it somewhat. You have it far worse than I ever did.

band aid man

Forum Crew Member
By the way if anyone needs a emt that would do anything for a job, anywhere near tulare county I'm your guy. lol i need a job bad I'm close to just buying a van, colored flash light and just driving around going WEEEEOOO WEEEOOOO lol.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
By the way if anyone needs a emt that would do anything for a job, anywhere near tulare county I'm your guy. lol i need a job bad I'm close to just buying a van, colored flash light and just driving around going WEEEEOOO WEEEOOOO lol.
Have you tried all your options?

band aid man

Forum Crew Member
Sadly just got turned down by hall, Applied at lifestar haven't got a call yet, tried to apply at imperial the website was down or something tried 3 or 4 times. And I tried Delano they never called.

band aid man

Forum Crew Member
Ok I will heard they don't hire much. I had a interview with them before I screwd the pooch on that one il admit lol but that was awhile ago.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok I will heard they don't hire much. I had a interview with them before I screwd the pooch on that one il admit lol but that was awhile ago.
They are hiring like mad. So is AMR. If you dont mind the commute AV amr is hiring. So is Antelope ambulance.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't know where av or antelope is actually lol.
Its about 2 hours south of you. If you could get on to a 24 hour car it would make it beneficial to you. I would most definitely retry American. If your willing to do almost 3 hour drives you can try Ventura county. Hell, do part time if you have to so you can build experience. I'm curious how you messed up the interview? Have you had a job before?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok well heres what you need to do.
1)Practice interview questions with some one or in the mirror.
2)Practice your skills
3)Take practice test