I know this has been asked a million times but...

Jess0101

Forum Ride Along
...but I haven't been able to google anything pertinent to my particular situation. Unlike many of the DUI posts which relate to recent conviction, mine is 10+ years ago from when I was 18. I know that this very serious mistake will stain my record for the remainder of my life, but I am hoping to move past who I was in my youth and become the person I need and want to be. Will this past conviction prevent me from getting certified as an EMT? And also, will it prevent me from getting hired in California? My ultimate goal is to become a paramedic. I fully expect many harsh and blunt responses here, as I know what occurred was dangerous and irresponsible, but I remain hopeful that not all is lost.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
call a bunch of ambulance companies in your area and ask them. it's easier and more accurate than asking an international EMS forum as to what California does.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Ask your state (and county in CA) ems board.
Ask your potential employers. (may affect your insurability as a driver)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
A DUI from 10+ years ago isn’t going to prevent you from getting hired in CA. Employers only look back 10 years on driving records. So when you have to get a H-6 print out from the DMV it won’t be listed. My company’s auto insurance is a 7 year no hire date from the DUI.