I just took the NREMT!

hoisanjai

Forum Crew Member
I have just finish taking the NREMT at around 5:00 p.m. CST. When the test first started I was like wtf? What kind of questions are these? I never seen them in my life. As the test went on, I got more familiar with the questions. My test ended at around 70 questions. I think it was 70 on the dot. And Now I am scared to hell on what I got. I am totally convinced that I have failed. So I don't know...

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Most people have described that shutting off around that area usually is a good sign. I am concerned that why you never seen those type of questions? I would hope your instructor attempted to write questions similar to the NREMT exam..

The best of luck on your results!

R/r 911

disassociative

Forum Captain
Keep in mind--the NREMT tests competency using questions which test your knowledge as to not only recall/recognition, but with regard to Judgement and application of knowledge. In the event that you are presented with two answers that would fit; you are expected to choose the option with the better outcome; given that it is within your scope. Remember; in 5 years, the medicine will have changed, but the "how" and the "why" will always stay the same.

If you think the NREMT is bad; try studying for the NCLEX; a day I both look forward too and fear all in one...

cwolfe059

Forum Ride Along
Did you pass or Fail

I have heard that when the computer shuts off early like that you have probally finished with mostly correct answers. I hop ethat you passed and I am waiting anxiously to hear. I take me test on Firday the 28t. What kind of questions were you talking about being the ones you did not recoginize?
Cwolfe059:rolleyes:

OP
OP
H

hoisanjai

Forum Crew Member
some questions like what is metaproterenol? something like that and it's christmas weekend I don't think I will get my result until thursday. Wednesday if lucky.

tarzan

Forum Probie
some questions like what is metaproterenol? something like that and it's christmas weekend I don't think I will get my result until thursday. Wednesday if lucky.

... is it a drug for asthma pt..?

tarzan

Forum Probie
ahh..... ok

.... so, have you got the result..??

how was it..???

cwolfe059

Forum Ride Along
Christmas

Have you taken te test?

i am worried about taking it. I am a certified EMT-B in NY but had to take the national test here in WI.

OP
OP
H

hoisanjai

Forum Crew Member
Yeah Itook the test already. I don't know if I failed or not but then I would tell you how it felt based on the result that I get so keep visiting this post and you should my comment on the exam.

Dondo

Forum Ride Along
I had that too!

I took my test on the 20th, and i got my results the next day. My test had that exact question on it!!! I saw it and almost said out loud,"What is THAT?!?!?" Whats weired is that i got my nremt card on the 24th, talk about an early christmas present. lol. :p

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Congratulations! What a great way to start the new year.

OP
OP
H

hoisanjai

Forum Crew Member
Have you taken te test?

i am worried about taking it. I am a certified EMT-B in NY but had to take the national test here in WI.

If you walked out of the room, thinking that you failed you probably didn't. If you test stops around 70 questions that's a good sign. Just remember to study everything that has to do with airway, the generic name or trade names of medicine and go over cardiac and some scenarios.

EMTryan

Forum Crew Member
And never forget the ABCs...there were a million questions about the ABCs on my test. Understanding the order of things is really important.

When I took my test I was suprised how short it was...I was in the testing center only about an hour or so (maybe a little over an hour). It stopped after 70 Qs and I passed.

I was also suprised how short the scenario questions were. They seemed rather of fact and did not ramble too long.

The fact that the test stopped after 70 questions is usually a good indicator that you passed (or totally, totally failed).