I have a question about the New York State EMT Basic Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
E

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
A little update here.

Getting this thread back on topic.

I was at staples anyway, buying a gift for my Dad.

According to the clerk I asked, Staples has buisness card sheets (which a NYS EMT card will not fit in ) the next size up is 8"x10".

At this time, they only have 5 millimeter thickness.

The 8"x10" sheet is $1.60 which includes NYS Tax of 0.0875%.

I welcome any other replies on this topic of laminating a paper EMT card.

I am holding the actual lamination of my tech card in abeyance until I have budgeted the funding and fully researched the consequences of doing so.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
NYS card can be laminated. Consequences of laminatig your card? A large percentage of NY emts and medics would be in jail or fined. Mine is laminated. I will tell that to NYS DOH.

Last edited by a moderator:

18G

Paramedic
According to the clerk I asked, Staples has buisness card sheets (which a NYS EMT card will not fit in ) the next size up is 8"x10".

At this time, they only have 5 millimeter thickness.

The 8"x10" sheet is $1.60 which includes NYS Tax of 0.0875%.

I would use cash for the purchase so no one will be able to track your lamination supply purchase. And don't go overboard on the quantity you purchase or you may be flagged as someone possibly running an EMS card lamination ring. You don't want to draw attention.

And the most important thing PLEASE wear a hoodie or something similar so your face can be concealed from the Google van.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This thread has gotten so far off topic, I forgot where the lock button is. :p

So let's get it back on topic, or the Google Van will be the least of your worries around here.

OP
OP
E

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
I would use cash for the purchase so no one will be able to track your lamination supply purchase. And don't go overboard on the quantity you purchase or you may be flagged as someone possibly running an EMS card lamination ring. You don't want to draw attention.

And the most important thing PLEASE wear a hoodie or something similar so your face can be concealed from the Google van.

One step ahead on that. I intend to use cash. I also intend to spread out my lamination needs across different venders.

What is the price for lamination in PA ?

My ex-gf is now in South Eastern PA, she is in Brooklyn every other week to visit her Dad. If it is significantly cheaper, I could give it to her to do or use the price quote to negotiate a discount.

18G

Paramedic
The laminator is like $20 at Wal-Mart and the lamination sheets are like $4 for the 8x11.5 or whatever it is lamination sheets I believe... Im sure Wal-Mart is cheaper than Staples.

OP
OP
E

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
The laminator is like $20 at Wal-Mart and the lamination sheets are like $4 for the 8x11.5 or whatever it is lamination sheets I believe... Im sure Wal-Mart is cheaper than Staples.

I meant for the vendor to do it.

I did not price out getting the whole machine.

I did not even consider doing that.

$4 for one sheet or several.

Staples charges $1.80 for the 8"x10" and they do it for you.

(Please do not be offended if I do not get back to you right away. I am getting ready for a trip.)

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Because this thread is about laminating EMT cards, I wonder if this is an appropriate place to share a story about laminating EMT cards...what do you guys think?

OP
OP
E

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
Because this thread is about laminating EMT cards, I wonder if this is an appropriate place to share a story about laminating EMT cards...what do you guys think?

I would say yes but you would need to get the OK from someone who has moderator status.

I am monitioring this thread but I am limited in ability to respond. I am packing for a trip at the moment.

18G

Paramedic

If it has anything to do with satellites, Google vans, and going incognito I know I'd love to hear it :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.