I got the job!

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
As of late March, I will be gainfully employeed as an EMT-B for a private ambulance service. I'll be taking patients to dialysis, doctor's appointments, and doing interfacility transfers. My coworkers seem to be a great bunch of people, and pay is good, the hours are flexible, and I'm just plain PSYCHED!!!

Sorry, I just had to gloat....

B)

fyrdog

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats! Nothing like early morning renal round up to start the day!

Emtgirl21

Forum Lieutenant
Thats how i started in EMS also. I did that for about 8 months and then after getting some experience I had several offers for jobs by 911 services. So why dialsys at 530 in the morning might suck......Fun times are coming....don't get me wrong i got really attached to some of my patients.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
YEA SAM!!!:)

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
I've been doing the dialysis/CA transport thing for a couple of years now. Yes, for the most part it is low on the excitement scale, but you will be able to work on sharpening your diagnostic skills and basic pt care stuff. EMTgirl21 is right; you can easily become surrogate grandchildren to some of the folks and it is not a bad job by any means. Just remember that many nursing homes will call you on a "routine" call for, say, "they have a little wheezing". When you arrive you'll often as not find the poor guy or gal in all-but-respiratory arrest and bubbling like a pot on the stove. Keep your index of suspicion high on these kinds of calls until you actually lay eyes on the patient. I've had more than a few emergent returns, thanks to the "professional staff" of some of these places. Congratulations all around, too :rolleyes:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
So o.k. Sam, since you are going to be in the money, Sam gets to buy the dounuts!!!^_^

Epi-do

I see dead people
Congrats Sam! Enjoy your new employment.

OP
OP
FF/EMT Sam

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
So o.k. Sam, since you are going to be in the money, Sam gets to buy the dounuts!!!^_^

Just for you, Anna!

Dang it...There goes the first paycheck...;)

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Sam, you are my hero!!B)

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Congratulations Sam!