I got it!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just got off work and checked the mail. In it was my packet with my scores for the EMT-B written test... And my license, certificate, and patch! :D

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Congratulations; now, what are you going to do with your hard-won trophies?

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Congratulations; now, what are you going to do with your hard-won trophies?

I actually started applying for non-rig jobs for the time being. One of the local ambulance companies want an Inventory guy, and since you have to have a B license, I've been told it's a great way for me to get my foot in the door till I turn 21. Also thinking of applying at one of the ED's around here

FireStrut

Forum Crew Member
Congrats! I remember when I got my envelope in the mail, what a happy day.

FutureFlightMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Yay for you!! I remember that day, and the pride I felt for all my hard work. Now...GO FORTH AND SAVE LIVES LOL!! Seriously, get out there and help; now you can really make a difference!
Good job, Congrats, and Enjoy the ride!!B)

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
I actually started applying for non-rig jobs for the time being. One of the local ambulance companies want an Inventory guy, and since you have to have a B license, I've been told it's a great way for me to get my foot in the door till I turn 21. Also thinking of applying at one of the ED's around here

You might also try the local Doc-in-a-Boxes, and I would think the VA Hospital at San Mateo & Gibson might be an option, too. Good Luck!

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You might also try the local Doc-in-a-Boxes, and I would think the VA Hospital at San Mateo & Gibson might be an option, too. Good Luck!

I was thinking about that, but my current boss's wife works there and I was told that with what's going on over there right now, it'd be better to not apply there. Especially as they got their ED certification revoked

Katie

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats!!! :)

Swinney101

Forum Probie
Congrats!!!!!!

EMT19053

Forum Crew Member
I just got off work and checked the mail. In it was my packet with my scores for the EMT-B written test... And my license, certificate, and patch! :D

congratulations on your acheivement. Piece of cake, right?;)

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Especially as they got their ED certification revoked

Yikes!! Hadn't heard that, but it's been a few years since I lived there. How times change, that used to be a rocking ER. Did my clinicals there for one of my re-certs, and I think everyone in the family went through the ER for ortho or stitches (3 boys will do that for ya!!)

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yikes!! Hadn't heard that, but it's been a few years since I lived there. How times change, that used to be a rocking ER. Did my clinicals there for one of my re-certs, and I think everyone in the family went through the ER for ortho or stitches (3 boys will do that for ya!!)

They're tryin to keep it quiet for the moment. And the old Lovelace is now just an Urgent care. I actually live pretty much right across the street from it. Almost hte corner of San Mateo and Gibson actually :p

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
congratulations on your acheivement. Piece of cake, right?;)

Sure, if you don't count the stressing and sweating over the written results :p I wish they would either give us both written and practical results there, or give us neither. I hate only having half! :p

Thanks though!