I get it wrong every time. What IS the answer?

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
So...when you become more than a basic?

If you're implying that the bold parts in what you quoted are the only things EMT-Bs know how to do, then congratulations. You're only a paramedic student but you've already got the condescending, holier-than-thou attitude perfect.

I'd say more but you're not worth another ban.

JPINFV

Gadfly
To be fair, the vast majority of calls that's essentially what an EMT does. Assessment, oxygen (often completely unneeded), and transport.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
To be fair, the vast majority of calls that's essentially what an EMT does. Assessment, oxygen (often completely unneeded), and transport.

Sure, but that's not all they can do, which was clearly the implication.

If it was meant only as a joke, then (a) I apologize for taking it the wrong way, and (b) respectfully suggest that when making jokes, a smilie be added to prevent otherwise-provocotive statements from being taken seriously.

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
yes I am sorry. It was a joke.

I am new to this site and should of been more clear :) :) :) :)

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't apologize and don't worry about it...and I'm sorry for overreacting.

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
It's all good ^_^

I really do appreciate everyone's input though!

I really didn't mean to sound condescending. I really do wanna learn as much as I can. Because I didn't learn nearly enough in the 15 week crash course of an EMT program.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
If you're implying that the bold parts in what you quoted are the only things EMT-Bs know how to do, then congratulations. You're only a paramedic student but you've already got the condescending, holier-than-thou attitude perfect.

I'd say more but you're not worth another ban.

It's a joke, calm down there sport ;)

But thank you, I try my best at being holier-than-thou :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
I really didn't mean to sound condescending. I really do wanna learn as much as I can. Because I didn't learn nearly enough in the 15 week crash course of an EMT program.

A paramedic program will teach you just enough to be scared out of your mind the first time you run a call yourself. Likewise, no EMT class really teaches you half of what you need to know, the real learning comes from experience.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
A paramedic program will teach you just enough to be scared out of your mind the first time you run a call yourself

Or as my medical director put it, "Modern paramedic programs teach you just enough to maybe not kill the first critical patients you see without direct supervision". (emphasis was his).