I am thinking about living in solitude I'm the Alaska wilderness for life...is prn EMT work good?

Tnaemt94

Forum Crew Member
So, I decided since I am going to be single for life (as I have set my standards too high) and I don't like civilization, I am resorting to living in the remote forests of Alaska, living on nature. I mean hey, I can be one of the only guys on earth who can say he never had a significant other...haha.

Although, I may here and there work as an on-call EMT. Where are the best paid services at where I can just work here and there? I heard Alaska is one of the best laying states for EMTs. And are opportunities good?

OP
OP
Tnaemt94

Tnaemt94

Forum Crew Member
So, I decided since I am going to be single for life (as I have set my standards too high) and I don't like civilization, I am resorting to living in the remote forests of Alaska, driving on nature. I mean hey, I can be one of the only guys on earth who can say he never had a significant other...haha.

Although, I may here and there work as an on-call EMT. Where are the best paid services at where I can just work here and there? I heard Alaska is one of the best laying states for EMTs. And are opportunities good?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
You heard wrong.

The majority of EMS in Alaska is volunteer. There are a few paid positions on these types of departments however they are going to want EMT III (pseudo medic) or an actual MICP (paramedic).

If you are talking about the pipeline projects...well those jobs when they are around are mostly for Paramedics as EMTs do not have the necessary scope...and in case you have not heard, the price of oil is way down. I have friends laid off right and left currently.

The few paid departments are NOT remote wilderness which you seem to be craving, they will require full time status and most are Fire/EMS.

jcroteau

Forum Crew Member
You have the strangest posting habits.....in a matter of weeks you've gone from telling us how emergency vehicles save no time during response or transport, to bragging about driving like a butt head down the Tennessee interstate.....and now you're off to live in the Alaskan wilderness?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Summit

Critical Crazy
Don't feed the troll

OP
OP
Tnaemt94

Tnaemt94

Forum Crew Member
You heard wrong.

The majority of EMS in Alaska is volunteer. There are a few paid positions on these types of departments however they are going to want EMT III (pseudo medic) or an actual MICP (paramedic).

If you are talking about the pipeline projects...well those jobs when they are around are mostly for Paramedics as EMTs do not have the necessary scope...and in case you have not heard, the price of oil is way down. I have friends laid off right and left currently.

The few paid departments are NOT remote wilderness which you seem to be craving, they will require full time status and most are Fire/EMS.

I am at least glad to hear this from someone who works in Alaska. Such a shame there aren't more paid opportunities.

OP
OP
Tnaemt94

Tnaemt94

Forum Crew Member
Someone's being a bit dramatic...

I don't want to be alone for life watching loved ones and close friends of mine get married and have children of their own. I don't want to expose myself to that. It's depressing.

I will not find what I am looking for and I don't want to feel like I am comparing myself to people. My life right now is uneventful and miserable. I rather live in solitude in the wilderness and surviving off nature than to live a miserable life.

OP
OP
Tnaemt94

Tnaemt94

Forum Crew Member
Don't feed the troll

This is serious stuff. I have been contemplating this for so long. There is a guy, named Richard Proenneke who lived in the remote wilderness of Alaska for 30 years surviving off nature on his own. If he can do it, so can I.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
This thread is awesome.

Tnaemt, I totally think you should go live in the woods of AK.

FWIW, I lived in AK for a while and loved it. Have thought numerous times of going back for a few years (don't think my family would be happy there permanently).

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't want to be alone for life watching loved ones and close friends of mine get married and have children of their own. I don't want to expose myself to that. It's depressing.

I will not find what I am looking for and I don't want to feel like I am comparing myself to people. My life right now is uneventful and miserable. I rather live in solitude in the wilderness and surviving off nature than to live a miserable life.

Smh.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
This is serious stuff. I have been contemplating this for so long. There is a guy, named Richard Proenneke who lived in the remote wilderness of Alaska for 30 years surviving off nature on his own. If he can do it, so can I.
Why exactly do you think you can do it?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler

If this is actually the reason, seek help. Running off to Alaska and isolating yourself will make you more depressed, not less. There's no shame in admitting you need help. See the sticky at the top.