how many times did it take you to pass?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Read other posts. It is based upon a level of difficulty of questions passed or failed.

R/r 911

disassociative

Forum Captain
If you want to know the process, read my previous post.

The computer collects data(through asking you questions) until it can make one of two decisions; Competent or Incompetent.

The computer will end your test when it makes the decision, REGARDLESS of whether it is pass or fail. Some people show competency by the 70th question, others show incompetency by the 70th question; while still, others might not show competency or incompetency until about 120 questions in.

The computer is simply trying to decide whether you are competent or incompetent, it's up to you as to whether this decision is made 60 questions down the road or 100 questions down the road.

As for the 70 questions, did I fail. MYTH.

I had a friend approximately 4 days ago take the NREMT-B, which ended after 69 questions, She passed.

You simply cannot go by the amount of questions.

EMTktr

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info DA. I see how it works now and really, it is a very good method of testing. Rather than making one sit on and on to complete a set number of questions, as you stated, competency is determined as some point along the line.

Diver911

Forum Probie
Passed first time!! pretty difficult, but it can be done!!

As stated previously, you must study! The key is finding the BEST correct answer, 3 of the 4 will be correct, but you must find the BEST correct answer. Where do they place you in the scenario, remember ABC's and go from there.

Take a deep breath, relax and go in prepared, you are only hurting yourself not going in so! Just my 0.2 worth!!

Last edited by a moderator:

LazarusHeart

Forum Ride Along
Don't give up!

First time testing NREMT written....just got my results today...PASSED!!!:) I was absolutely glad I put in so much study time. Something that might help you for your next go at the test is to write out the skills sheet for trauma and medical on the white board they give you at Pearson VUE (AFTER you have started the test). I found that it really helped me to focus on the ABCs, and cut through a lot of the nonsense questions that tried to distract me from the real issues of patient initial assessment and ABCs BEFORE putting a band aid on the 1 cm lacs!
Also, it's true that the test cuts off after a certain number of questions, depending on how many you answer correctly. I wish I had read this site before I took the test---my face must have been PRICELESS when the test ended at 68:eek:. I dragged home and drop-kicked my EMT-prep manual into the basement!:lol:

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
First time testing NREMT written....just got my results today...PASSED!!!:) I was absolutely glad I put in so much study time. Something that might help you for your next go at the test is to write out the skills sheet for trauma and medical on the white board they give you at Pearson VUE (AFTER you have started the test). I found that it really helped me to focus on the ABCs, and cut through a lot of the nonsense questions that tried to distract me from the real issues of patient initial assessment and ABCs BEFORE putting a band aid on the 1 cm lacs!
Also, it's true that the test cuts off after a certain number of questions, depending on how many you answer correctly. I wish I had read this site before I took the test---my face must have been PRICELESS when the test ended at 68:eek:. I dragged home and drop-kicked my EMT-prep manual into the basement!:lol:

I hope that all the candidates out there are reading these posts, seeing the emerging patterns, and taking advantage of other's knowledge. Winning the game and passing the test is all about your preparation and study. It's hard, but if it were easy it wouldn't mean anything. Congratulations to all the successful registrants, and remember that you are at the beginning of your learning curve, not the end, but now it's for real. Best of luck to all of you. TF

NESDMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
PASSED THE FIRST TIME , TEST SHUT OFF AFTER 89 QUESTIONS , THAT WAS A LITTLE ITIMIDATING BEING THE FIRST CBT I HAVE TOOK. I FELT LIKE THE DUMBEST PERSON ON EARTH AFTER TAKING. IT WAS VERY CHALLENGING BUT THAT IS THE WAY THE TESTING IS SET UP. HAD ALOT OF QUESTIONS WITH WHAT SEEMED LIKE 2 CORRECT ANSWERS SO THERE WAS REASONING WHY ONE ANSWER WOULD BE THE BEST CHOICE . I DID STUDY HARD BEFORE TAKING THE TEST, SAVED ALL MY CLASS TESTS AND REVIEWED THEM TO IDENTIFY ANY WEAK AREAS I HAD, REVIEWED THE CLASS BOOKS , TOOK NUMERIOUS ONLINE TESTS FROM the blazingimages.com WEBSITE, WHICH WAS KIND OF SIMILAR TO HOW THE NREMT TEST IS SET UP. KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND TRY TO RELAX , I KNOW IT'S EASIER SAID THAN DONE. THE 3RD
TIME COULD BE CHARM. GOOD LUCK AND WISH ALL THE BEST.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
PASSED THE FIRST TIME , TEST SHUT OFF AFTER 89 QUESTIONS , THAT WAS A LITTLE ITIMIDATING BEING THE FIRST CBT I HAVE TOOK. I FELT LIKE THE DUMBEST PERSON ON EARTH AFTER TAKING. IT WAS VERY CHALLENGING BUT THAT IS THE WAY THE TESTING IS SET UP. HAD ALOT OF QUESTIONS WITH WHAT SEEMED LIKE 2 CORRECT ANSWERS SO THERE WAS REASONING WHY ONE ANSWER WOULD BE THE BEST CHOICE . I DID STUDY HARD BEFORE TAKING THE TEST, SAVED ALL MY CLASS TESTS AND REVIEWED THEM TO IDENTIFY ANY WEAK AREAS I HAD, REVIEWED THE CLASS BOOKS , TOOK NUMERIOUS ONLINE TESTS FROM the blazingimages.com WEBSITE, WHICH WAS KIND OF SIMILAR TO HOW THE NREMT TEST IS SET UP. KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND TRY TO RELAX , I KNOW IT'S EASIER SAID THAN DONE. THE 3RD
TIME COULD BE CHARM. GOOD LUCK AND WISH ALL THE BEST.

Congratulations on passing the test and welcome to the group. Um, that said, how about toggling the key located just above the left Shift key marked "Caps Lock"? Thanks!! =)

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
EMT-I/85 and I passed first try. I did not study for 1 second before taking it, I went in with the attitude "I know it or I dont at this point"... thankfully my instructor did an AWESOME job preparing us to take registry as well as to be good EMTs.